SB debt to Arrow Global - attempted collection by Rockwell & Fenton Cooper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been chased for a while by Rockwell for an old Halifax overdraft that they claim was never repaid when they closed my account.

I knew that bank account had been closed in around 2001-02 and so I know this to be SB. The account was passed across the office to Fenton Cooper who keep sending threatograms and calling etc. I keep saying "in writing only" etc and putting the phone down. I'm quite happy for them to waste their time and postage costs but something I never spotted before just occured to me.

Before I knew about this site and its fantastic advice, I spoke to Rockwell on the phone. I didn't admit the debt and nothing was in writing anyway but I did ask them to send whatever details they had to my little used hotmail address. I didn't bother reading the email as I know it to be SB.

Today I looked in the hotmail account and read Rockwell's email, dated 25 April 2012. This is what it says:

Dear maplins

Re: Outstanding balance of £xxx.xx owed to Arrow Global Ltd (HBOS xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

We can confirm that the above account relates to HBOS bank account that was opened on xx/xx/1996 account number: xxxxxxxxx

our clients purchased the above account from HBOS on xx/xx/2003. They have since instructed us to deal with this account on their behalf. A payment of £xx.xx was made on the xx/xx/2004 to European collections.

Our investigations lead us to believe that this matter relates to you and the balance above remains outstanding. Please complete and return the attached form including your repayment proposals.

The above account is on hold for the next 30 days to allow time for your response.

So Rockwell knew this debt was SB yet still attempted to collect and then gave Fenton Cooper the pleasure of wasting their time and money. Oh, and the payment in 2004 that they mention is a complete fabrication but even if it were true, the debt would still be SB. I'm bored with their tedious communications now so I'm going to send the SB letter. Is there anything else I can say about them attempting collection on a debt they knew was SB?

Edited by maplins
Punctuation, missed spaces

Hi

I have been chased for a while by Rockwell for an old Halifax overdraft that they claim was never repaid when they closed my account.

I knew that bank account had been closed in around 2001-02 and so I know this to be SB. The account was passed across the office to Fenton Cooper who keep sending threatograms and calling etc. I keep saying "in writing only" etc and putting the phone down. I'm quite happy for them to waste their time and postage costs but something I never spotted before just occured to me.

Before I knew about this site and its fantastic advice, I spoke to Rockwell on the phone. I didn't admit the debt and nothing was in writing anyway but I did ask them to send whatever details they had to my little used hotmail address. I didn't bother reading the email as I know it to be SB.

Today I looked in the hotmail account and read Rockwell's email, dated 25 April 2012. This is what it says:

Dear maplins

Re: Outstanding balance of £xxx.xx owed to Arrow Global Ltd (HBOS xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

We can confirm that the above account relates to HBOS bank account that was opened on xx/xx/1996 account number: xxxxxxxxx

our clients purchased the above account from HBOS on xx/xx/2003. They have since instructed us to deal with this account on their behalf. A payment of £xx.xx was made on the xx/xx/2004 to European collections.

Our investigations lead us to believe that this matter relates to you and the balance above remains outstanding. Please complete and return the attached form including your repayment proposals.

The above account is on hold for the next 30 days to allow time for your response.

So Rockwell knew this debt was SB yet still attempted to collect and then gave Fenton Cooper the pleasure of wasting their time and money. Oh, and the payment in 2004 that they mention is a complete fabrication but even if it were true, the debt would still be SB. I'm bored with their tedious communications now so I'm going to send the SB letter. Is there anything else I can say about them attempting collection on a debt they knew was SB?

Not really, they are allowed to ask for payment until you tell them that you won't be paying.

Jogs