Gross Misconduct Hearing - Been offered opportunity to Resign.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Would really appreciate any advice please.

I currently work for a public sector organisation. I initally started as an agency worker and in my attempt to try and good job whilst I was temping I emailed some documents to my home to work on them.

Only this month (July) I was taken on permanently by the organisation. However last week (12 days into my job) I was suspend pending an investigation for gross misconduct as emailing documents outside of the orgaisaiton is against company policy. I explained it was an error on my behalf - and they understand that but I still broke company policy - hence the suspension.

Today, 2 people from work came to my house basically 'without prejudice?' (what ever that means) to offer me the opportuity to resign immediately so I can get employment else-where. Or it wll go to a hearing where I won't be given the opportunity to resign and from the vibe I got Im going to be sacked.

I know they won't take this into consideration but Im the only one working and supporting my family and can't afford to lose my job.

The organisation want a response today as to what Im going to do - either resign or go for the hearing.

Im tempted to dig my heels in and go for the hearing however I think they've got me over a barrell and I know if im sacked I won't beable to get a clear reference.

and I don't know what to do?

Can anyone offer any advise please!!!

NatWest

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

Statements rec'd 14/9/2006

Preliminary Letter sent - 27/9/06

LBA - 18/10/06

Claim with Court - 31/10/2006

Got until 14/11/06 to acknowledge.

7/11/06 Received ltr offering full settlement minus

interest + court costs

12/11/06 - Rejection sent

17/11/6006 - Natwest Acknowledged

4/12/06 - Rec'd Natwest Def (Cobbetts)

5/1206 - Rec'd partial offer (Cobbetts)

THE WOOLWICH

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

List of charges rec'd - 04/9/2006

Prelimary Letter sent - 06/09/2006

Response - 'fully investigating' - 11/09/2006

Claim with Court - 20/10/06

Acknowledged - 20/10/2006

Defence by 17/11/2006

AQ to be returned - 11/12/2006

Court Date - 14/02/2007

**SETTLED IN FULL**

CAPITAL ONE

**SETTLED IN FULL** 3/11/06

Not fishy at all, just trying to save a lot of paperwork and actually may be doing you a favour.

If you know sending stuff home is a sacking offence, I'd bite their hand off. They have all the evidence, yes? You'll struggle to get another job with "sacked for misconuct" on your reference.

OTOH is it a "warning" offence? What does your union rep think?

12 days in, you are still on probation anyway. They could just let you go if they choose.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Is this your "ask" - 2 years pay-ish?

You are asking for far more than any ET would grant for most unfair dismissals (barring protected characteristics).

they could sack you and pay nothing. I think you need to be more realistic.

otoh if that is the offer bite their hand off!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!