RPSS is it fraud ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have been given Unfair fare notice from east coast railways.

The fault was restricted ticket and the ticket was in valid on the east cost lines.

I have pay 105 pounds.

Are Revenue protection support services genuine ? will they send the receipt if I pay them ?

How many days will it take for them to send receipt.?

The incident happened on 23 july

RPSS are a body accredited by the Department of Transport, as a resposible body under the Penalty Fares Act 1993. So, yes... pretty genuine.

You have the right to apppeal (within 10 days) if you believe the UFN was issued in error or without basis. You have ten days to pay, regardless.

Failure to do so would effectively mean you have not paid for the journey in question, and would therefore be subsequently liable to be prosecuted as anyone found travelling without a ticket could be.

Yes they may send a receipt, in the form of an acnowledgement letter / email etc. But you are unfortunately obligated to pay, and any concerns about receiving receipts yoou may have would not negate this oobligation.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

No i wanted to pay and will surely pay....But I was unsure about the organization and hence felt they may harass...unnecessarily....please adivce on this

I think postal order is best way to pay...

please clarify above...

They won't harass, if you pay. If you don't, remember they have your address etc, and then you will get reminder letters, then eventually letters threatening court action. Which although might sound like harassment, is their right to reclaim a debt.

From the website:

By Cheque or Postal Order made payable to Revenue Protection Support Services (RPSS), with your Unpaid Fare Notice reference No. endorsed on the reverse and posted to:

Revenue Protection Support Services (RPSS), PO Box 89, Portsmouth. PO1 1EG.

Please allow enough time for the payment to reach RPSS within ten days. If not received by RPSS within the 10 day deadline, you may accrue a non refundable administration fee.

Credit/Debit card - Telephone 0871 559 2997 within the 10 day deadline or you may accrue non refundable administration fees. Please note RPSS do not accept American Express or Diners Card.

Paid the fees with postal order promplty...

The special delivery envelope has reached them.

Have got record of everything.

Can i know if the postal order has been encashed...?

I have not receieved any acknoledgement from them...?

There is a number on the post office website you can call to confirm its been cashed, unfortunately I'm on my mobile atm and can't search it!

Still on the lookout for buried treasure!

Any advice I give here is based on my own experiences throughout my life, career and training and should not be taken as accurate. If in doubt, speak to someone more qualified - a Solicitor, Citizens Advice to name but two possible avenues!