2 Defaults from Citi for same item/amount?!

martza
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm just a noob on here but it is full of cracking information. i'm looking for help in clearing up my credit file. I had a default placed on my file in 2002 for an amount of £215 - default date 15/06/2006

monthly payments 24 months@£33 - last updated 2003

However right under that on my report it appears again, default date the same but this time

monthly payments 24 months @ £0 - last updated 2005

I cannot rememer what the name of the company i origianlly took the loan out with but it was not Citi financial. I have since paid this off, but neither have been marked as satisfied.

I didnot get 1 default notice from this company nevermind getting 2!

How do I go about getting both or at east one of these defaults removed from my credit file?

Thanks for your help!

get in touch with the credit refernce agencies and get them to queiry it - if they come back with an unsatisfactory answer write direct to the company who placed it in there using the CCA default notice request template +£1 fee - if they fail to satisfy this you can take court action to have them removed.

J

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Hi guys,

I'm just a noob on here but it is full of cracking information. i'm looking for help in clearing up my credit file. I had a default placed on my file in 2002 for an amount of £215 - default date 15/06/2006

monthly payments 24 months@£33 - last updated 2003

However right under that on my report it appears again, default date the same but this time

monthly payments 24 months @ £0 - last updated 2005

I cannot rememer what the name of the company i origianlly took the loan out with but it was not Citi financial. I have since paid this off, but neither have been marked as satisfied.

I didnot get 1 default notice from this company nevermind getting 2!

How do I go about getting both or at east one of these defaults removed from my credit file?

Thanks for your help!

Was it the associates, they were taken over by citi ? At the end of experian report there is a list of all creditors and their contact details.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Yeah the associates, that was the name of the company i took the loan with originally.

The credit report I got was from equifax. Would I contact Equifax first or would i contact all 3 CRA's?

sorry for what may be silly questions.

Thanks again

I'll start off with experian. Phoned them and they advised me to use their online dispute centre so I'll keep this thread updated with info incase it's of any use to someone else.

Cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email back today from experian

The Client concerned has agreed to have the above information deleted from your credit file and your credit file will be updated in due course.

Please note that the Notice of Dispute previously loaded to your credit file has been removed.

I hope this is of assistance.

Regards

Equifax Customer Care Team

I'm finally getting somewhere!

cheers

Got an email back today from experian

The Client concerned has agreed to have the above information deleted from your credit file and your credit file will be updated in due course.

Please note that the Notice of Dispute previously loaded to your credit file has been removed.

I hope this is of assistance.

Regards

Equifax Customer Care Team

I'm finally getting somewhere!

cheers

Well done - have they agreed to move just one or both defaults?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.