Arrow global/frederickson/rockwell "orange" debt

Crocs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I've been receiving letters from the above companies for some time and have decided to do something about it, need a little advice though if possible.

They are telling me that I owe £399 for an Orange mobile phone contract from Sept 2007. This was the result of a dispute with Orange over items on my bill that I refused to pay and (at the time) it went away and I thought nothing more of it......I am actually still an Orange customer at the moment!!

I ignored the letters on the basis that I was under the impression the matter was done and dusted but now feel that I need to do something as they have raised their game somewhat in recent weeks. I am now getting letters sent to my, my mother's and my girlfriends address.......I am receiving calls on my mobile, my mothers landline and my girlfriends landline........I even had a call at my Boss's home address (which is the registered address as per companies house but not the office address) while I was there having dinner!!!:mad2:

All of the calls have asked me to confirm my details (which I obviously will not do) and the letters are getting a bit more threatening (which in truth doesnt really bother me.....more annoys than scares:-x).

I sent them a CCA letter, inc postal order etc, to prove the debt.......they have come back to me stating that the CCA doesnt apply and I need to confirm my salary, expenses and bank statements etc immeadiately in order to set up a payment plan.

I'm dismissing their requests immeadiately but I'm just wondering where to go from here, I've drafted another prove it letter not mentioning the CCA but I'm wondering if this may well end up i court. The debt was made up of 4-5 monthly payments that I refused to pay so I'm assuming that the SB date would be somewhere around April/May next year.......gives them quite a bit of time to take further steps!!

Any advice much appreciated!

Time to get complaints in to the OFT as they are breaching OFT guidance regulation on multiple clauses.

Regarding SB, if you have acknowledged that its your debt, or youve paid something towards the debt recently, then youve reset the timer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi renegade,

I havent paid them a penny, and the only communication I've had with them (apart from telling them I wont confirm any details over the phone) was the original CCA letter.....I'm still to send the next "prove it letter".

I'm just wondering how long I can expect to play "letter tennis" with them until they take it further?

Send the prove it letter and see what comes back. If they provide some kind of proof ( they have 14 days iirc to respond), then send the SB letter. Remember, do NOT chase the letter up. It is up to them to prove its real.

Just a little info for you, arrow global/fredricksons recentley bought a huge pile of SB'd debts. Theyre probably just fishing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They are correct a phone contract is a service contract and not

regulated under CCA 1974.

The letter you need to send to the DCA

is.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FORMAL COMPLAINT

I refer to your recent contact in which you allege that I

am indebted to you for an Orange phone account please

note I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company

you claim to reperesent.

I am making this formal complaint regard the conduct of your

company in attempting to collect the alleged debt

(list of time date of all phone contacts)

As you will note there have been an enormous number of harrasing

phone calls to my friends and family including one made the the director

of the company I work for at his home address.

I remind you of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012

1. Section 2.2 In general terms businesses should treat debtors fairly:-

debtors should not be subjected to aggresive practices, inappropriate

coercion, or conduct which is deceitful, opressive,unfair, or improper,#

whether unlawful or not.

2. Section 3.3 (j) Contacting debtors at unreasonable time.

Section 3.3b (k) Ingnoring or disrepctiing a debtors reasonable request in respect

of how and when how and where to contact them.

3 Section 3.7 (a) Contacting debtors at at unreasonable times and or

at unreasonable intervals.

I now require you to cease all telephone or electronic contact to any

person associated with me and remove all data relating to them from

your records fortwith.

I am making a full report to the OFT and will outline the reasons I

believe your company is unfit to hold a consumer credit licence.

I will also report the misuse of the telephone services which I

believe amounts to harassment

I wil deal with this matter only in writting delivered by Royal Mail.

No ''home'' visits will be tolerated.

Send it RD to the DCAs Compliance Manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: