• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

speed credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When i spoke to cccs many months ago even they said its a very very slim chance of them every taking anyone to court because it wouldnt benefit them, court would only make you pay what you can afford or a £1 if ur on benefits, it would be a very pointless excerise them ever takin anyone to court

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes tinkerbell, then they think they have the right to bully and harass you and the only 'acceptable' payment plan they will settle to is £150 a month and not freeze interest... Disgusting!

they tried to call me about 20 minutes ago - typical how i warn joseph xxxxxxx to ensure they don't call me, and they continue to do so...

Edited by alanfromderby
:jaw::mad2::jaw:

I'm sure he will be back, probably just busy, besides, the worst time of the month is usually right at the start / end of each month, so he can take a bit of a vacation now :-D

Yeah, harassment seems to be the only thing these companies are interested in.

so it continues - i got this e-mail this afternoon

Dear thaiboxer24,

Thank you for your email. My apologies that I missed your offer of repayment contained within the complaint email. (wow an appology!?)

I am able to accept a repayment plan of £50 per month although the amount you currently owe is £2,418.00. The problems that exist in relation to your file are:

1)You have continuously refused to admit a debt of over £354; (this is a lie! for the past year this is what i said id be paying!)

2)You have made numerous chargebacks on payments taken to repay your debt (all these payments were made in line with the terms and conditions you signed); (no i didnt, u actually did not make it clear how i should pay back u clown!)

3)You have refused reduced repayment offers made to you in the past. (...why should i pay this when i already said im only paying original amount plus interest?!)

The terms and conditions clearly state that repayment of the loan is the responsibility of the debtor. It was your responsibility to arrange repayment within the period of the loan. As you did not do this, the file was rightfully passed to debt collectors and since then interest and charges have continued to accrue onto your account.

As above, I am happy to accept £50 per month. I believe that you have been treated fairly (pah hahaha!!!) and that the fact the loan is outstanding at such a large amount is down to your actions in relation to this debt(what a load of trash). Accordingly, the offer to repay is £354 is rejected. I am prepared to remove all charges from your account so the amount that is outstanding is £2,028 which is made up of the principal amount and interest thereon. I am prepared to listen to an offer from you in relation to full repayment but I believe you need to be realistic about the size of your debt.

I have frozen outgoing telephone calls for a period of 28 days while we try to finalise dealing with your complaint.

I look forward to hearing from you with your comments shortly.

Kind regards,

ok, i feel like im climbing the impossible mountain... the bronze ring is not even in sight... I like how hes kindly reduced the 'debt' by £400 and negociations are open, which spells dodgey to me! Can somebody please help me make light of this?

Edited by alanfromderby

can i just ask everyone thats had a loan with these circus clowns, what did you make of their terms and conditions? Do you still have a copy? If so can you read over them?... Is it me or are they really vague? Were you aware that it was YOUR responsibity to pay the loan back? It was not made clear to me at all!

When you originally got the loan,they would have sent you their T/C's in an email.

The following is from their site.

1. You agree to pay us the Total Amount Payable on the Repayment Date. YOU are responsible for remembering to pay us on time. Although we endeavour to send reminders we are not obliged to do so.

http://www.speedcredit.co.uk/term.html

Regards,John.

When you originally got the loan,they would have sent you their T/C's in an email.

The following is from their site.

1. You agree to pay us the Total Amount Payable on the Repayment Date. YOU are responsible for remembering to pay us on time. Although we endeavour to send reminders we are not obliged to do so.

http://www.speedcredit.co.uk/term.html

Regards,John.

I took my loan out with toothfairy finance - i have the T+Cs in front of me and they don't make it clear at all.

www.toothfairyfinance.com - it appears they dont have T+C on their website?

Edited by thaiboxer24
add information

From the faq on the toothfairy website:

Q: What happens if I do not pay after 30 days?

A: Not sure if you can pay back the loan? Then you should not apply. If you do not pay the loan within a specified time you will be charged for another loan period. If the payment still does not arrive, we will unfortunately have to send the debt to a debt collection agency which will incur additional charges.

But yeah, the full t&cs are not available upfront without applying on the toothfairy website.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,I'm basically going through the whole process like everyone else with speedcredit.The original loan + interest was £490 I've paid back about £600 and I'm not prepared to payback any more. I did pay a few months late, hence why I was happy to payback more than I agreed as it seemed fair. However they are emailing me weekly stating I still owe £1700!They have devistated my credit file and are harrassing using both speedcredit emails and M and something Baliffs.What is my route out of this? Realisticaly will this just keep going up until I die! I've told then via a letter that I considered the debt paid in full, but they ignore everything. Blow by blow can someone outline the proceedure for getting out of all this, has anyone even done that????Many thanks in advance!!

Hello,

I am in the same situation - please do not worry or feelintimidated there is nothing they can do to you.

It has been mentioned many times on here, Marshall Hoaresare not bailiffs, they are not court appointed, and have absolutely no powers,other than to request payment.

Marshall Hoares/Paycheck Credit/Speed Credit/NDR/Toothfairyare all one and the same.

They are being widely investigated by many bodies and wouldnever dare take anyone to court.

To resolve your own situation I would do as follows:

1. Email Mr. Joseph Green at NDR (Probably not hisreal name) but he does at least reply to mail. Offer principal loan plus onemonths interest in instalments you can afford. State you are sufferingfinancial hardship.joseph.green@northerndebtrecovery.com

2. Stress under no circumstances will your pay anymore than principal loan plus one months interest. He will likely offer you asettlement of about £900, do not accept this, remain firm

3. Keep all correspondence to prove your intent.

4. If you get no satisfactory response make acomplaint to the Trading Standards and FOS.

5. If you get a letter from implying fraud fromMarshall Hoares inform Mr. Green you will go to the police, this tends to havethe desired effect.

But honestly these people are on the bones of their arse asthe authorities are closing in hence the extreme intimidation as they try tograb all they can before they are stopped.

Charlie

• 4 weeks later...

Hey just read all the posts and I am completely shocked I recently I applied for a loan with them, I paid it back on time its a good job judging by all the comments! I would not usually be silly enough to apply to an unknown company but it was one of them moments when I needed money very quickly. It was an emergency and seemed convenient. I cant say I have been having the same problems as some of you but one big problem I have had since I applied for the loan is the large number of spam emails and txts from other companies asking me to confirm my details to finish applying for a loan with them. Under no circumstances did I apply to any other loan websites I think someone may have got hold of my details. I noticed that on 4 spam emails I received from differant companies the email address was the same so im guessing applying for a loan with them has left me suspect to phishing attacks. I have since blocked the email address and they have stopped but still keep getting txts from other companies. I am also getting alot of txts from speedcredit since I paid my loan off saying all I need to do is send a txt message to get another loan with them. Their system seems very unsecure. You do not even need a password to access your account I was so shocked to find all I needed was a few simple details which anyone could have entered and accessed my account details! I also noticed that on my credit report, a credit check was done by a firm called lending stream the same day I applied for the loan, which is a completely differant company?? I wish I never applied for a loan with them now after reading your stories should I still be worried they have my details? Oh and the phone number on their website doesnt put you through to a real person it is just an automated script and if you email them it comes up as a delivery report.

unfortunatly that is one major issue - i too have had many e-mails offering me all sorts of things i would never dream of wanting, daily i get at least 5 txts from companies attempting to offer me PPI refunds, and loans etc etc... It's all a marketting thing and no doubt it is a way toothfairy make a little bit more money and there is not an easy way out of it...

my advice is wait for someone to call you and demand they remove you from their system or you will report them. I did this a while back and i have not been getting as many e-mails/texts or calls and it is just a case of continuing this and filtering out spam mail

I too had that problem i was blocking about 5 numbers a day on.my phone for months, i managed to stop all the texts, but my email inbox is still spammed on a daily basis.

Boxer

Ive emailed joesph, speed credit and mh for week and havent gettin any reply at all. How u getting on?

i sent in the £1 for this SAR thingy on monday and informed joseph, but nothing as of yet and I am not expecting anything lol...

if u read about on this forum somehwere it says the OFT has basically told a few PDLs off but I can't tell u what ones as my PC keeps crashing whenever I try to access it. But what surprises me is how many PDLs there actually are. They are in the 100s!!! Or try the BBC website - either way the OFT has told them to buck their ideas up when it comes to collecting debt or they will get sanctioned or closed down... Not good enough in my opinion! One PDL to one licence and don't let them play the system like toothfairy are doing!

I just had a read through it on the oft website, theres over 250 thats a huge amount, the article said theyve all been told about bucking their ideas up with the continous payment authority and to stop abusing it, i doubt sc will listen i still get ndr trying to take payments from my account even though ive revoke their authority. I wonder how long mco capitals appeal process is going to take

:rofl:250 is a JOKE and that is the 250 they are telling us about. I bet there is at least double that! And how many of them are run by the same entity ie: toothfairy finance - think they have at least 20 different trading names

One would imagine that this investigation is going to be going on forever becbe easily dealt withause the OFT have so much to deal with.

So long as they CANT remove money from your account we know there is no real major issue apart from the continual harassment. But we just have to keep reporting it and pray that other people are doing that as well!!! It is just a shame the Police wont really get involved, because in my eyes it is a criminal offense they are commiting, but we all know about one Oliver Larholts past :jaw:...

ooops!!! Literally just got this through!!!

Loan Ref: xxxxxxx / xxx(x)

29/11/2012

Dear thaiboxer

This is a reminder that you committed to pay back your ToothFairy Pay Day Loan debt.

This debt is now very overdue. We have allowed you to extend the loan as a goodwill gesture.

As part of settling this debt you are committed to paying GBP 54 by 30.11.2012.

In accordance with the Standard Terms and Conditions you agreed to, we will be automatically taking payment tomorrow as agreed to therein. Please ensure the amount of GBP 54 is available by midnight tonight.

IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU HONOUR THIS AGREEMENT AND THE PAYMENT.

If there are insufficient funds in the account and/or the payment fails, your file may be fast tracked to Door Recovery Agents and failed payment fees of GBP10 per transaction applied.

If payment continues to be non- forthcoming, then the file will be passed to our Solicitors for review. This may lead to a County Court claim (or Sheriff Court claim if you are in Scotland) against you.

IF YOU DO NOT WISH FOR US TO TAKE THIS PAYMENT YOU NEED TO CONTACT US ON 0843 381 0843 IMMEDIATELY SO THAT YOU CAN ARRANGE FOR REPAYMENT, STOP YOU INCURRING FURTHER LATE PAYMENT FEES AND ESCALATING ACTION!

If you have any questions regarding this, or will be unable to pay contact customer services NOW!

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.

It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify sender immediately and then destroy it.

Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered address is Northern Debt Recovery Limited, 15 Lyndhurst Terrace, London, NW3 5QA, United Kingdom. Company registration number 6956396. Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading under Consumer Credit Licence number 631166.

YAAAAY :-) I have missed getting these E-mails. This is also a new format that they are using saying they can add on more charges if they fail to debit my account (as highlighted in red)... Well good luck lol

I noticed that when i got 2 of those yesterday, thats a small amount theyre trying to take off you today they tried to take an.amount of 564 and 644 out of my bank when all i actually owe them is 284.

The part that says "you are committed to pay" is rubbish because they are also committed to give aleast 24 hours nitice before taking payment but they dont

correct! bunch of blooming idiots! also getting texts again, so i just e-mailed Joe reminding him i have revoked permission for him to contact me on my personal numbers, so he had better stop!!!

they can try and take money, but i sorted this out a year ago! theyre sneaky little **** bags, they will say you're only paying x amount, then multiply it by god knows what and the next thing u know you are hundreds of pounds overdrawn and your bank slap on charges as well and they just screw you over. They don't give a flying duck! Have u cancelled you're CPA tink?

Yeh been reading some people been having problems and it amazes me how useless certain banks are and theres one in particular and I have gone through my conspiracy theory on this forum and i still stick to that until the day I have been proved wrong!!! Would have thought the banks would be on our side after all they have a duty to help us out as well as screw us over as they do!