ABLE GLAZE LTD - questionable mark-up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to alert anybody that may be considering buying double glazing units,

because dialling ABLE GLAZE LTD could be a very costly experience.:-(

ABLE GLAZE LTD are an Essex based company who carry out Double Glazing Repairs and also Door and Window locks repairs.

They advertise their business NATION WIDE in the THOMSON LOCAL DIRECTORY.

I contacted ABLE GLAZE LTD and asked for a quotation they then phoned their North West agent from their Essex headquarters, who came to measure up.

My wife accepted their quotation of £520.00 PLUS vat = £624.00 and gave them an order for 10 doubleglazed units.

Four small and six medium units. ABLE GLASS LTD then phoned their North West agent to order the glass.:doh:

Coming home from my work that day I noticed that my wife had left a note with the quote saying that she had ordered the units.

I was not comfortable with the price and phoned ABLE GLAZE LTD,

you can guess how the conversation went, which included a promise to put ABLE GLAZE on this Consumer Forum.

After half an hour a 10% discount was offered, at 45mins a superior employee offered a15% discount,

that was their final offer or I could cancel the order, but that would have cost me £312.00 lost deposit.

Throughout the conversation I repeatedly asked for the name of the company that was actually making my units,

and they consistently refused, but having taken much of their time over the phone they eventually gave me the companies name.

I phoned the Glass Company that was making the units and curiously asked for a quotation for 10 double glazed units - they quoted £181 plus VAT =£ 217.00. Unbelievable! I was speechless.

the local glass company in the north west sold my order to ABLE GLAZE LTD who are based in Essex for £217.00 vat included.

ABLEGLAZE LTD, who have made nothing, wanted to charge me £620.00 including vat.

That would leave a difference of £407.00 I would have been paying, if it wasn’t for challenging ABLE GLAZE’S original cost , just because they made a phone call.

ABLE GLAZE LTD who advertise their services in the THOMSON LOCAL DIRECTORY

gave me the impression that they are riding off the back of the NATIONS local GLAZING COMPANIES,

and it looks like from our experience that they are using them as CASH COWS .

I hope that this post will save somebody hundreds of pounds by making them aware of ABLE GLAZE LTD,

who will be advertising in your THOMSONLOCAL and using one of your local glaziers that you could actually phone yourself.

So the choice is yours , will it be ABLE GLAZE LTD you phone, maybe you would like to receive one of their quotes,

like we did, or one of the many others glazing firms in your area, to compare them first?

A thread taken from Blagger.com about ABLE GLAZE LTD.

Some friends broke a window in my house when I was away. They thought they were doing the decent thing by calling an emergency glazier and fixing it before I returned. Unfortunately for me and them they called Able Glaze.

The man turned up Monday and proceeded to tell them that 'special' glass would be needed so he screwed a piece of ply board over the hole damaging the frame. He would return on thursday/friday to fit it. nobody came. On the phone friday evening they claimed they were waiting for the go ahead to order the glass! When I told them to forget it they said I would have to pay £98 for the bit of plywood & £78 call out fee. Even though they state they DONT charge a call out fee on the website. They said if I cancelled now I would have to pay for the special glass on order BUT couldn’t say how much that would be to buy or fit!!! And I would have to week until the following thursday to fix it.

Absolute cowboys. On the phone the man wouldn’t say who he worked for or give me his managers name or number. Do NOT use this company unless you want to be ripped off. Go local...

Also taken from Blagger.com about ABLE GLAZE LTD.

We rang the company on Monday morning to have them come out and measure for a broken window. They were supposed to be out in the afternoon, but the glazier rang very late in the afternoon, did not leave a message. When I got to the phone and dialed his number within 10 minutes he had already shifted me to the next day. I rang the office and confirmed for the Tuesday but this time there was no glazier and no phone call and no message left on either phone number. Needless to say, I had stayed home two days to wait for the glazier. My partner rang their phone service back at 4, who firstly did not know the glazier had not been in but promised to ring us back. When he did, he said that the glazier had rung both phones and left messages. Neither phone rang, and there was no message left. So he was very mistaken. At that stage, we cancelled the call, and took the advice that of one of the previous bloggers and went somewhere else. Our concern was if they were that unreliable in the sale, then the delivery they could well be worse. We rang a local alternative, who was here within 3 hours and has quoted us half the price. I agree, go local

Called at the mystery glass company that ABLE GLAZE LTD said they had used to make the double glazed units.

Nobody at the shop had any recall of any order for my 10 units. They had no record of any sale to the ABLE GLAZE LTD or any agent under another name.

So! It's back to ABLE GLAZE LTD, who by the way have not sent me a guarantee certificate yet.