motor insurance incorrect inf

mcmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope someone may be able to offer advice, my son has been insured with endsleigh for past six months, previous to this with insurance company for two years with no problems, he has never had an accident nor made a claim, as his mum I am named as additional driver, I rarely use the car and I have no other car and therefore no other policy, I have never had an accident nor made any claim, I just drive very occasionally. Today my son has received a letter from Endsleigh wanting an explanation as to why when they have searched the Claims and Underwriting (CUE) register, the information supplied by him at time of taking out the policy does not match suggesting in the letter, nothing specific but stating that " they have searched this register and can confirm that claims have been supplied to the register by other insurers in relation to previous insurance experience on another motor insurance policy for a driver on your policy" this made no sense to him at all, but as they were asking for a written explanation within 14 days or they would cancel his insurance from inception, he rang the number provided, when he explained , they stated the reg of car involved and my son realised this related to my husband, his dad, they have both got same christian and surname but different middle names and certainly different dates of birth. My son explained the error , however Endsleigh state it is my son who needs to prove it wasnt him and that they dont have access to dates of birth to search this register, when it was suggested to Endsleigh that this was a breach of Data protection, they then said the additional driver was my husband, therefore that is why his information came up, however I am the additional driver different christian name , date of birth etc from hubby, who by the way is appalled his son now has been given this information, Endsleigh have given my son the name of insurance company (hubbys previous)again hubby furious, to contact as they say my son must sort this out. Question is how ? and why do insurance companies have access to personal information if they are not able to protect it ? help anyone ?

Hi,

Just to clarify, your husband owned the same car before your son owned and at some point in the past had an accident in it? I think your husband and son both need to write in and explain, possibly your husband could send details of the previous claim to show it was him and not your son.

On a side not, are you insured as the main policy holder and your son the named driver?

Hi thanks for your response, I wasnt very clear, but husband never owned sons car , husband has his own car and had an accident in that car in 2008, husband is registered keeper and only driver of that car. Son has his own car and is registered keeper and main policy holder, main driver and I am named driver on sons car only, son has never had accident or made claim in any car neither have I, son did not get his driving licence until 2009. But when they searched the database mentioned above husbands details have come up even though they have different middle name and obviously date of birth. when son rang his insurance company they have told him onus is on him to prove it wasnt him, its not on them to make sure the information they enter is correct, plus they gave son all of the details of the car he was supposed to have had accident in therefore divulging all of the information relating to his father . we have at sons great expense made sure he did everything correct in relation to motor insurance ie son as main driver, premiums would have been a lot cheaper for him to have been additional driver and his reward has been to have been accused of fraud by his insurance company, seems so unfair !