LOL @ BT and SRJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had SRJ (DCA) contact me the other week about a BT bill which I didn't know existed. I wrote back to them, asked them to put the account on hold and get back to me with all documentation which they have been provided about the outstanding amount.

I receive today:

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

RE: Our Cilent: British Telecom Group PLC

Account Number: xxxxx

Balance: £367.81

We thank you for your recent communication and enclose as requested.

We confirm that the current balance oustanding is as in the above heading.

Please contact us as soon as posible to arrange repayment.

Yours Faithfully

All well and good, I still don't know what the debt is so I look at the paperwork I asked for:

Item 1) BT Final bill copy, Amount £294.25

Item 2) ANother copy of Item 1

Item 3) another copy of item 1

I've sat here thinking WTF what a bunch of idiots.... Can someone help me with something to write back? All I've got so far is, and I really couldn't help myself:

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference: xxxxxxx – Your Letter Regarding British Telecom £367.81

Many thanks for your somewhat pointless and illogical letter you sent me dated July, 02, 2012.

I see on your letter that the so-called outstanding amount is £367.81.

As supporting documents to support your reasoning for this debt you have kindly sent me what appears to be a bill from BT which is in the order of £294.25.

Neither of the documents tie up, nor is there any explanation as to what these amounts are for despite me having written to you and BT MANY times, please refer to the past 9 communications between myself, yourself and your client.

I look forward to find out what you have to say for yourselves in regards to these mathematical in-equations which by my knowledge is basic preparatory school mathematical curriculum.

Furthermore, once you have referred back to your 1’s, 2’s and 3’s and corrected this, it would be handy to know how this debt appeared. A good example of such a document is called a statement outlining each and every charge which totals up to the final figure.

Regards

Maths Teacher

Hi,

I take it you were with BT at some point, you could always send a SAR to BT, though it would cost you £10 but would let you know the score regarding any outstanding amounts or phone BT and ask them what the score is.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I know what it is, when I left BT, they realised they didn't charge me the 250 odd installation charge, so they billed me 6 months after I left i.e. with ANOTHER final bill... I just ignored it... I'm not caving in here, nor am I paying for a SAR when I already had a final bill, which unfortunately was lost over the years :S

Ignore ignore ignore :p

BT don't write on your credit file, so all they're likely to do is huff and puff a bit, and pass the "debt" to various DCAs.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

phishing list debt

stop replying

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ahhhh, thanks for that... In that case, I'll just ignore them.. I've sent them the above letter, they WILL (I'm sure of this) not send anything or pass me on. I'll just print return to sender on further mail from them regarding this.

What's the best way to deal with receiving mail you want to RTS? 90% of it you ahve to open before you can send back. I had to with the previous tenants stuff as he had police warrants and allsorts lol!