Simply Be reliable collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hii just wondered if anyone can help me please, my husband recently had his hours cut at work which meant i couldn't afford my payments, stupidly i just left it and didn't let them know si it has now been passed to reliable collections i spoke to them on the phone and offered to pay them £10 a week off the debt but they wouldn't accept it saying it wasn't enough, if i don't pay what they want they will continue to keep putting charges on my account, what can i do please...

Thank you in advance Tracey x

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone help me please, i spoke to reliable collections again an they said to pay the 10 pound a week that i initially asked if i could, but i still have simply be continually ringing me up asking for more money and to up my payments saying what i'm paying is nowhere near enough, i've told them that 10 pound a week is the maximum i can pay, i really need to resolve this but don't know what to do :(

Is a tenner a week leaving you short, in a sense that you cannot meet more important bills? Have you other debts too, as if so we are as well trying to fix them all at once.

Debt collectors are required to have a licence to permit them to collect debt, and a condition of that licence could be taken as they must not attempt to get more money than a person can afford to pay.

They also like to talk to you on the phone as most of the time, unlike a letter, it cannot be substantiated, so they can just make up threats of what will happen. When they call you need to tell them you don't want to speak to them and require everything in writing. Then hang up.

Send them this letter, as there is a good chance it will stop them calling (although they are chancers and it cannot be guaranteed, but you can just hang up on them telling them you have sent them this letter).

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

To get back the late payment charges and fees, you need to send them this letter....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?605-Credit-Store-Card-Letter-Template

This should get your charges back, although strangely they will normally keep adding them after you are repaid, so you will probably need to do it again later too.

If you get a letter saying you will have someone coming round to visit you, then this only happens at a time you arrange, so you can decline to arrange a time. You can also send this letter to prevent them visiting (although as said previously - they are chancers and they might still try). If they do, smile and close the door. You can even keep a copy of the letter next to the door to pass to them as the door closes.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

If you are unsure what a reasonable payment is you can visit a CAB if you do not want to discuss it online.

The last thing worth mentioning, is they cannot come into your house, they less authority to ask you for money than your paperboy, but being chancers they will try to lie if you speak to them, so thats why its best everything is in writing.

Millions of people are having financial trouble just now, but its not a reason to treat you badly.

Any other questions, just ask.