style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!

I got a ticket somewhere in Worthing and clearly someone pulled it off the windscreen (or the wind got it, I've no idea)

this was a while ago and I've since moved and changed my car,

the first I knew about this was a bailiffs letter appearing at my new address! no NTO beforehand, nothing.

. so I appealed using the directions on the government site with an out of time witness statement

and declaration explaining clearly what happened and apologising for causing a problem,

I thought this would be pretty straightforward and I had no problems with paying the original ticket amount, just not the £450 the bailiffs were now asking for!!

sadly today I recieved a letter from the HM court and tribunals service telling me my application has been refused!

so, now I HAVE to pay the bailiffs £450 for a ticket I didn't even know I had up till now :|

it all seems a bit unfair..

and the bailiffs are giving me the old 'well sunshine, them's the rules' line.

. I haven't actually had any contact since recieving the rejection from the court but I know its coming..

so I was wondering what my best option was!

I could appeal but that's £45 before you even start and I'd probably still have to pay the bloody £450 even after all that! :!:

any help would be appreciated!

also, even the TEC got the address wrong on the letter informing me of the refusal and sent it to my mothers house?! (which is where the bailiffs notices went too!) even though I've never lived, or had a car registered at that address and the address I supplied to the TEC was my own :|

very strange.. especially as I have supplied my current address to both the bailiffs and the council too! and I'm on the electoral register!

TEC are supposed to send the form to THE ADDRESS PROVIDED BY YOU on the TE7 & TE9. Did you provide the wrong address

when you submit an Out of Time Application, you are swearing on oath that you had either not received the NTO etc, appeal the ticket to LA or to the Adjudicator or that you had paid.

As the application has been rejected, I am SHOCKED to read that you now consider that have no option than to pay £450 !!! This is complete and utter nonsense.

You can pay a sum of £45 to have the matter "reviewed". Frankly, I would not do this.

Instead, you can pay an increased fee of £85 for your applciation to be "reviewed" by a District Judge. From a GREAT DEAL OF EXPERIENCE....this is the best option.

thanks for the advice!

I did put the correct address on the TE documents and it appears on the letter back from the TEC but it has been crossed out and the wrong address added over the top in biro?! slightly odd..

the only reason I feel I have no option is that I have spent a while arguing with unruly bailiffs and I live in a shared house so if the bailiffs turn up what then? I don't fancy ending up homeless.. possibly like a million other people, bailiffs scare me a bit, they are pushy and usually stepping way over the mark.. and if you are not dead sure of what rights you do and don't have then they can be pretty intimidating.. (luckily this site is here so I'm learning!)

about 8 years ago I was pushed into a corner by IBIS services (working on behalf of brighton council) and paid almost £13000 in one hit on outstanding parking tickets and charges.. luckily I'm not that stupid now but this £450 IS unfair as I knew nothing about it!

strangely, even though I keep putting my correct address on things and am on the electoral register at my current address I still have had no correspondence at my current address.. :|

so you reckon the £85 to a district judge is the way to go? I shall take your advice and look into it! thanks again..

• 3 weeks later...

With the rejection you should have also been provided with a copy of the Statement of Truth from the Local Authority outlining their reason for rejecting your application. Did you receive this ?

With the rejection you should have also been provided with a copy of the Statement of Truth from the Local Authority outlining their reason for rejecting your application. Did you receive this ?

No! It actually says they do not need to provide a reason..

In order to file an N244 it is vital to read the REASON WHY the local authority asked the Traffic Enforcement Centre to reject your application. Always remember that it is the LOCAL AUTHORITY who reject the application. Apparently, in such cases an officer at TEC is supposed to look at the response from the council. Whether this happens is doubtful....