Dulux - has it gone a bit s**t?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm just painting my kitchen with their Light and Space paint which cost £40 for a 5l tin (!!!!!!!!!!£40??????), and it's cack. There's a couple of mist coats underneath as it was fresh plaster, and it just looks like another mist coat on top.

I always do two coats when painting, but I reckon if I get away with 3 I'll be lucky.

I was really reluctant to get Dulux again as I remembered last time I used it I was unimpressed, so much so that I've been using B&Q's own range which to my mind is how Dulux used to be (and half the cost which is always a bonus). I wanted the L&S though which afaik only Dulux do, and I did think that for basically double the price of their normal paint it might be better. It's not:(

Is it just me being picky or has anyone else found this? I'm tempted to be really sad and complain to them about it. I bought 12.5l of the stuff so that I had tons too much, but I think I may end up using the lot and then some.

Boo.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

There was a feature about Dulux on Watchdog Lexis - they've had so so many complaints! But they are very reasonable, and if you complain they will either replace it for you or give you your money back, so complain to them!

We've been using Crown and Johnstones, they're very good, I wouldn't use Dulux after the bad press it's had!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

There's nothing sad about complaining when you've forked out £40. Tell them that unlike that other mob, "yours doesn't do what it says on the tin". I can't say I've shared your experience - I used Dulux last year when I decorated my place and I'm quite happy with it, but then I might have been happy with B&Q's own as well.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I painted a window frame month ago with deluxe brilliant white, after two weeks it was yellow.

Went on to DIY forum and found out because EU regulation,:evil: and don't buy the one with a black lit,look out for the orginal lit .

The leyand paints which the pro's going for

Are you painting directly onto fresh plaster or have you prepared it with 50/50 glue and water to seal it?

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Johnstones and Layland paints are used by tradesmen, it's good stuff. The price of paint is shocking, everyone thinks if your a painter you get paint cheap, those days are long gone.

B&Q's own make is also good, even the 'one coat' stuff'

Years ago most paints sold by the large DIY stores was 'doctored' to cater for the handyman.

I complained recently about a Ronseal fence paint that washed off when it rained !!! I was told by the rep the wood has to be 100% dry before you apply the fence paint, told her I lived in Scotland and nothing's that dry.

They gave me a refund after sending them a receipt.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I was told by the rep the wood has to be 100% dry before you apply the fence paint, told her I lived in Scotland and nothing's that dry.

They gave me a refund after sending them a receipt.

Spat the coffee out with that one :lol::lol::lol:

Not just me then! I think I will have a bit of a moan as after two coats it's still very patchy. I know it's the paint as I swiped a half empty can of Crown paint from my mum (one of their indulgence range colours which I really liked and handily mum had some left:D) which my 9 year old painted one wall with and that's fine after two coats - even with his painting;).

NO - I didn't do the pva option as my plasterer friend told me it was unnecessary. It did have two mist coats of 60/40 paint/water so the walls were prepared for normal painting. A couple of builders I know say they only use one coat but I didn't think that was enough.

Slightly worried now also about the yellowing that people have had with the white paints - the one I have is Absolute White. Is this limited to their wood paint or am I in line for a yellow kitchen in a month?:!:

ps - your comment about nothing being that dry in Scotland really made me chuckle MD :)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Doolux have gone a bit "poo"

must say the weathersheild stuff for wood is still good though.

wood has to be 100% dry

even "dry" wood has a moisture content below 20%- bone dry stuff still has some water in it.

Crush, Weathershield Exterior Paint is one of the best, I'm not too sure about their Water based stuff, prefer the oil based myself :-)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Gliddens is a good budget alternative to Dulux

Went on to DIY forum and found out because EU regulation,mad.gif and don't buy the one with a black lit,look out for the orginal lit .

Yep all the paint manufacturers had to change the formula of their mixes, the net result was yellowing gloss after a couple of weeks, acrylic gloss is OK if you can stand the shine, it's too glossy for me, but then again I prefer an eggshell finish anyway.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.