Robinson Way advice required please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am new to this so apologies for any mistakes,

i just wanted some advice on the debt collector Robinson Way (or any debt collector for that matter),

i got in financial difficulties a few years ago and was being charged stupid amounts in default charges by santandar,

i had an overdraft with them of £1000 which they decided to cancel once my wages went in,

luckily i managed to get it back on the agreement that i kept within my limit and

then half way through the month they hit me with more charges from the previous month which sent me over again so i just moved banks,

this was approx five years ago.

I was contacted by Robinson Way and i agreed to pay £50 per month which i have been paying every month for approx 2 years

(i forgot to mention that the debt ended up around £2000 after all the charges etc.

In those 18 months i think i missed two payments,

one of them i paid double the month after and the other i just carried on with the £50.

i lost my job 2 weeks ago so got a reduced wage for the month and so this didnt get paid

but i have started a new job already but dont get paid until the end of the month,

now this is where the fun starts,

i spoke to Robinson Way today and explained this and they have stated that Robinson ways payment policy has now changed

and now they no longer accept card payments and will now only accept cash payments which will be collected by a doorstep collector.

Firstly, they only have my Mothers address which i dont live there anymore

and dont particularly want them callng there to scare an old lady and

secondly, there is no chance i want to be handing over cash to anyone knocking at the door full stop.

What are my rights/options in this situation and what course of action should i take?

Any help is appreciated.

sounds like you've been cash cowed from day one.

what does your CRA file say about this debt?

if it was all/mostly unlawful PENALTY charges

then no wonder they sold it on.

and NO i would not pay ANYONE cash at the door

no DCA has any LEGAL powers anyhow.

something smells here badly.

one last tip

never never phone a DCA!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All,

I am new to this so apologies for any mistakes,

i just wanted some advice on the debt collector Robinson Way (or any debt collector for that matter),

i got in financial difficulties a few years ago and was being charged stupid amounts in default charges by santandar,

i had an overdraft with them of £1000 which they decided to cancel once my wages went in,

luckily i managed to get it back on the agreement that i kept within my limit and

then half way through the month they hit me with more charges from the previous month which sent me over again so i just moved banks,

this was approx five years ago.

I was contacted by Robinson Way and i agreed to pay £50 per month which i have been paying every month for approx 2 years

(i forgot to mention that the debt ended up around £2000 after all the charges etc.

In those 18 months i think i missed two payments,

one of them i paid double the month after and the other i just carried on with the £50.

i lost my job 2 weeks ago so got a reduced wage for the month and so this didnt get paid

but i have started a new job already but dont get paid until the end of the month,

now this is where the fun starts,

i spoke to Robinson Way today and explained this and they have stated that Robinson ways payment policy has now changed

and now they no longer accept card payments and will now only accept cash payments which will be collected by a doorstep collector.

Firstly, they only have my Mothers address which i dont live there anymore

and dont particularly want them callng there to scare an old lady and

secondly, there is no chance i want to be handing over cash to anyone knocking at the door full stop.

What are my rights/options in this situation and what course of action should i take?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

First of all, stop speaking to these idiots on the telephone, what they say to you on the telephone, they will never ever commit to in writing on headed paper.

Have you checked your credit file? Is the debt listed and under the owners name? Is your balance reducing?

Sometimes you can still pay into your Santander Account, otherwise you pay Robinson Way by Standing Order, write and ask for their account number and sort code, use your reference number as well so they know who the payment came from!

If they have your Card Number, I would personally report your card as lost, place a stop on it and obtain a new one from your card issuer, DCA's have in the past been known to empty accounts through this method.

Work out what you owe the bank minus the charges and just pay that amount and that amount only.

As to the doorstep collector, these people have no rights, they have no legal powers and are just self employed (*****) on a commission, their is a doorstep letter in the library section above, you can send that to Robbers Way.

As to any threats of CCJ's, Court, Bailiffs etc. just ignore, all designed to intimidate you into paying as much as possible regardless if you can afford it or not.

Are you on a low income? If so drop payments to £1 per calender month, this is not a priority debt so it is at the bottom of your money pile to spend out on.

Stigman

23 Guests :wave:

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

two threads merged

please keep to one thread per debt

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

never ever pay cash to a doorstep collector and don't let him take your doorstep. :wink:

If robbersway say they can only take cash payments by doorstep collectors they must be really in dire straits if they daren't pay anything into their bank account.

Illegitimi non carborundum

never ever pay cash to a doorstep collector and don't let him take your doorstep. :wink:

If robbersway say they can only take

cash payments by doorstep collectors they must be really in dire straits if they daren't pay anything into their bank account.

Thanks all for the advice, I'm just going to contact their head office and say it will only be paid via standing order, still worried they will turn up at my mums though

listen i think you've been cash cowed from day one.

dont contact them.

plee check your CRA file

see below noddle is free

lets make sure ths debt legally exists too

something smells here.

dx

and they

First time I heard about Robinson Way only excepting cash payments.

They are telling lies on the phone or are about to go under lets hope it’s the latter.

Don’t worry about the doorstep collector going to your mums send this letter

Dear Robbers at Way

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

Should it be your intention to arrange a doorstep visit, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

PRINT YOUR NAME

robinson no way have no right to insist on only receiving payments by cash. Tell them they get it by standing order or not at all

if you do actually need to pay them as per DX100UK above