Your Advice on a New Laptop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

not sure if this is the right forum to post on but here is my quoted text from another forum i used

"Hi guys

i am after a decent laptop my spending limit is £400 im selling my PC as we are moving house over the next 3 months and its only a 2 bedroom rather than a three bedroom so there will be no room for my PC, Desk and Chair but i would like a laptop which will play the latest games.

Ive seen one at PC world but its only a Dual Core, 8GB ram and is like £400 but id prefer an i3 or i5 for around that price.

if i have to buy online for a cheaper better laptop then i will do

any help is appreciated thanks"

You'd be hard pressed to get a "decent" gaming laptop for that. Remember, even at that low price range, an i3 or i5 will most likely be base entry levels, intended only for MS office etc. Even if you were lucky to get a good laptop, the GPU in it would be terrible.

In short, unless you ar every very VERY lucky, theres no way you will be bale to get a laptop at that price, with the correct hardware to play the latest games at anything like a playable framerate.

You could get a entry level gaming laptop for around 400 ish, but it would most likely have a 530m or 630m GPU, which just inst good enough for decent graphics and a playable FPS. With laptops, they are not like desktops. Desktops can be modded and upgraded ad infinitum for little expense.

With a laptop, you get what you pay for and theres hardly any room to upgrade at a cheap level.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Give an example of the games you want to play please.

Also, Here is something to consider, providing you have a LCD TV, use that as the monitor and get a wireless keyboard and mouse. Admittedly you're gonna have a fight when one housholder wants to watch TV and the other go on the computer, but it does save a lot of space (plus a blu ray drive is cheap so you could use the PC for playing movies)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

If you want to use a LCD tv, in general its a good idea. However, if you are on a low end laptop ( which you will be for £400) then your performance in most modern games will be drastically decreased.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

SOme of those have half decent specs for the price. However, pretty much every dedicated GPU in each of them is terrible. I mean, they will run games, due to them having the necessary features, but you can be 100% sure, you wont get the power out of them to get the graphics to a decent setting AND have a decent fps.