Some Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure where i should b posting this but bear with me ..

myself and my son have exactly the same names (yes vanity got the better of me)

he is running up various debts using our name.

I recently noticed a black mark on my credit file re Vodafone account (i've never had one) i remember at the time my son saying he was not going to pay this account since he lost his phone so him being the (life owes me everything type of person) stops paying it..

today in the post i noticed a letter for a wonga demand this also is my sons , so are debts with o2 , and god knows, what others he's never told the truth in his life.

i'd kick him out but dont think it will stop the letters tumbling onto my doormat , so i'm wondering what i can do to distance myself with my sons debts.

One thing i have learnt is never ever be vain enough to give your son your exact name..

regards

Ian.....snr... lol.

Edited by i.r.finch.snr
spelling errors , probs missed others

Hi ir

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

Hi there Ian. I would get a copy of your credit file from all three main agencies first. I'm tempted to say that you ahold file a notice of disassociation but perhaps that may cause a little confusion with you having the same names.

If you have one of your files already, you will notice that each account showing will have a DOB as well as the names - if these do not tally, I would raise an online dispute for every incorrect entry.

Hi there Ian. I would get a copy of your credit file from all three main agencies first. I'm tempted to say that you ahold file a notice of disassociation but perhaps that may cause a little confusion with you having the same names.

If you have one of your files already, you will notice that each account showing will have a DOB as well as the names - if these do not tally, I would raise an online dispute for every incorrect entry.

the black mark on my record from vodafone has my DOB attached to the record so how they come to that conclusion i've no idea , we (my wife and i ) both know that the vodafone account belonged to our son , if they bothered to check they would know or could check with the bank that payed the bill till it was defaulted was owned by someone a lot younger then me.. i would not know how to go about challenging the debt with vodafone or even knew it existed till a couple of days ago when i signed up with noddle ...

regards

Ian.

Vodafone will be the ones that have added your DOB, and from the sound of things, it is the date that they have been supplied with - sounds like your son may have mislead them. If you want to get it cleared up, I would make the dispute through the CRA and explain the situation to them. You may have to report it ti the police as identity fraud though so you could get your son into some trouble.

contact lee at vodafone

get that removed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i cant see our local carphonewarehouse or vodaphone store taking a 50+ dob from a 22 year old ???? can u? but i sort of get your point there.. i've just sent a msg to vodaphone from there web site.. maybe i should i searched here for the Lee person who works for them first..

Edited by i.r.finch.snr
spelling sorry..

i cant see our local carphonewarehouse or vodaphone store taking a 50+ dob from a 22 year old ???? can u? but i sort of get your point there.. i've just sent a msg to vodaphone from there web site.. maybe i should i searched here for the Lee person who works for them first..

How many people check all the details on an application? Or perhaps it was applied for online. Whichever way, the DOB shown in the account in your credit file will be the information that Vodafone have on you.

pretty sure he got it in store not that it really matters i guess. or does it. will wait n see if vodafone reply to my online msg.. i cant contact there company rep on here as i've not posted enough to b able to send priv msg's it seems..

time 4 bed will check back tomorrow.. thanks to everyone who's replied so far..

Regards

Ian.... snr..

Hi Ian,

Thanks for making me aware of this and for following the advice provide by dx.

Having checked our emails I'm afraid I've been unable to locate yours.

Shortly after you sent it you will have received an automated reply with a reference number. Could you update the thread with this to enable me to check again?

In the event that you haven't received an automated reply could you re-send your email via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once our automated reply has arrived post the reference number for me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

seems like i've had a reply from ccare.webmails.at.help.vodafone requesting i contact the Credit Policy Manager at vodafone. hmmm why when i've never had credit from vodafone.. hmmmm

Edited by i.r.finch.snr
more spelling errors lol

• 1 year later...

this is still unresolved , still hitting my credit score and i wish they would take me to court over it, I'm sure the judge would realise how stupid vodafone are. and that cant be arsed to check where the payments came from which of course i'm sure they will deny taking any in the first place ..