Any recourse on ccjs incurred without knowledge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to this so dont know if this is in the correct place, but a family member used credit accounts that were mine as a sole trader. The mail address for the accounts was not my home address, havin recently moved home without foolishly notifying them of the change of address as the accounts were rarely used. As such I was unaware of any outstanding liabilities untill bailiffs had tracked me down after ccj had been granted one presenting me with a statutory declaration which I had set aside.

In both instances I questioned the validity of the claim with bailiffs and sent them on their way, I then contacted the companies involved and explained the situation. Both said they would look into the situation. One case was over a year ago and another six months and I have not heard anything since is it best to let sleeping dogs lie or pursue them through the legal route with a view to having ccjs set aside/struck out.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thank you.