Married & moved since my PPI on HFC loan - can i reclaim???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Currently trawling through various PPI claims.

I have one with HFC but do not have an account number. All the others I have proof ie: Statements or contracts and so have sent a copy of my marriage cert with it all.

Now I've read on this forum I need to send off an SAR to get my account details but as the title says I moved and married. What other information/proof do I need to include with the letter?

With A SAR where you don't have the account number give your original full name, new married name, copy of marriage cert and details of the address(es) you were at while the account was live.

If the account was closed more that six years ago they may have destroyed the data but let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thank you for your prompt reply, much appriciated. I'll do that.

And yes it was over 6 years ago.....bbuuutttttt!

I have proof it came out my account just no paperwork. I'll go to the ombudsman (if I have to) as I do have the statement with HFC written on it and the PPI that came out, just no acc number???

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Sent off my SAR with all documents, off to HFC (recorded) and got a letter back within a week stating that a copy of my marriage certificate was not good enough and that I needed to get a certified copy of it plus a certified copy of either my passport or driving licence. It said that I could only get them from either an HSBC branch, any other bank or a solicitor. Undetered I sweet talked my local bank teller in Llyods TSB to do it all for nothing. I did ask if he could do a couple of copies but he said I could only have one. I did ask if he could do this for me again to which he said yes.

I can see a few trips to the bank to get certified and I have four PPI claims going through at the mo.