Technical question re PPi claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you check out the "notes for claimants" thread in the PPI stickies you may find additional mis-selling criteria that you hadn't thought of before.

Also the case study PDFs on the fos website may give you some additional information you could use in your new claim....some of them go into quite a bot of detail as to what sort of things fos look at.

Im so sorry to keep asking questions but when I wrote to halifax in March 2012 I gave them an additional reason that the case shoudl be reopened..namely that I had no dependents and never had had (so why a life assurance policy was thought to be appropriate I dont know) and information re me being entilteld to benefits through work should I become critically ill or disabled. These were not considered and thhose helpful and supportive people on moneysavingexpert have said that it has to be significant and not something that I had acess to in 2009. I'm not sure if this is right.

I would stick with it, as after my wife read about all this she queried her ppi on her Natwest cc and go sent back £1245, so we looked into everything we had ever done and have 13 outstanding reclaims going on - paper work a nightmare - but I have kept boxes of statements over the years. There is nothing like the satisfaction of sending a bank or credit card company a set of statements for donkeys years, completely blowing their argument out of the water.

If you can use a computer, you can win; they cannot ignore the letters, and I have currently have a claim and statments for M & S going back to 1992; HSBC 1994; Egg 2000; Ikano (ikea card -the best first offer £1.16 - now up to £280). We are expecting up to £23,000 back all together. MBNA origninally snet us some last september and then out of the blue I got a letter in May saying they looked into it and believe their figures to be correct but do I have any further info? So I sent them 94 pages odd and they have just agreed to send a further £2041.

Don't give up! Even if you can only send it second class!