Getting rid of a fee paying DMP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

My debts;

Payday express £855

Safe loans £150

Quickquid £1214

Payday uk £587.50

Mr lender £150

Capital one £600

Total-£3556.90

I'm currently in a DMP with Harrington Brooks but I'm being threatened with a CCJ from safe loans.

Payday express say they haven't heard from HB

Capital one have sent me a letter saying I still owe them and charges and interest have been added.

I've paid HB two payments in two months of £250 and I can't honestly see what progress I'm making apart from getting into more debt.

I'm looking at going with CCCS for a DMP but the payment for HB is due at the end of the month and I don't want to give them another penny!

I was wondering how I could get rid of HB with out the four weeks notice I have to give them as payment will be out in two weeks.

Any other advice would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

Thanks

Hello there.

If you believe that Harrington Brooks have not undertaken the DMP very well you should consider raising a complaint with them. They may allow you to finish without being held to the one month's cancellation clause.

Please note that there have been occasions where creditors have mislead their customers when it comes to the involvement of DMP firms - we cannot besure what is happening in your case of course.

Although Debt Management Plans have a high success rate in having interest and charges stopped there are no guarantees. As CCCS will not charge you for their services it is likely to save you money by moving your DMP to them.

You can find further information regarding DMPs via our website:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=29_debt_management_plan

Best wishes,

National Debtline.

For Free, Confidential and Independent advice: 0808 808 4000

Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm // Saturday 9.30am to 1pm // 24-hour voicemail. Please leave a message to request an information pack. http://www.nationaldebtline.org // http://www.mymoneysteps.org

Can I just add, I was told by Payplan that unless my debts were more than 5k, all they could do was offer me letter templates to assist me in a self managed DMP. I believe CCCS are the same. But they'll tell you this when you try and apply. (could National Debt Line confirm this 5k minimum?)

Payday express - they, and others love to ignore correspondence from DMPs to start with. Probably their way of adding on a load of interest before they finally accept.

It never rains but it pours...

I've looked around a lot today on various websites and I do believe I have to have debts worth more than 5k to be with Payplan and CCCS.

As regard to my Safeloans debt, I've sent them an E-mail stating that I want to pay this debt and to offer them a payment via a plan myself to see how far I get, but do intend to pay them in full at the end of the month as they're pee'ing me off.

I'll continue with HB for now but I shall be having a long conversation with them when they phone.

I think my best bet is to contact each lender and attempt to set up a DMP myself.

Thanks for everyone's time! :)