FPN/CAUTION on Disclosures/Enhances disclosures, please clear something up for me.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I was given a FPN for price swap/shoplifitng 14 months ago in Tescos, and was just wondering what the deal was with this and disclosures for future jobs.

What is the difference between a Caution and a FPN, do you either get one or the other or can you get both, as I dont remember getting anythin that said 'caution' on it, but I did definitely get FPN of £80.

I have read conflicting information saying that FPNS do not show up, even on enhanced disclosures, but that cautions do. Is this right?

Also for jobs that require a standard disclosure do cautions not even show up?

I want to try and establish if I recieved a caution or not, what happens if you recieve one anything in particular?

Its been a year and 2 months now and want to move on, but cant if I still have reprocussions from the past event.

Thanks

Rob

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJusticeAndTheLaw/Sentencingprisonandprobation/Sentencingandcriminalrecords/DG_199794

There are some situations where you do not get a criminal record - for example, if you're given a fixed penalty notice.

When the police use penalty notices

Penalty notices are used for smaller offences that would usually get a fine in court. For example:

theft from a shop

cannabis possession

being drunk and disorderly in public

You cannot choose whether or not to accept a penalty notice. If is for the police to decide if you should be given one. If you pay the penalty then you cannot get a criminal conviction for the offence listed on your penalty notice ticket. A penalty notice isn’t part of your criminal record, but it may be disclosed on a Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure if it’s considered relevant.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Would this affect me getting a job as say a carer? Even though FPN is not an admission of guilt? Does this mean that for that one misdemeanour I would be barred from that kind of thing for life? :| I would rather after a year they didnt show up even on enhanced disclosures. I guess most other jobs dont require enhanced disclosures, but seems a bit odd they would stick around.

Edit: Noticed this section on that site.

What you'll find on a criminal record check

Standard CRB checks will contain details of all spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings from the Police National Computer (PNC).

The enhanced CRB check will include any information from the PNC and may also search:

• information held by local police forces
  • lists of people barred from working with children and vulnerable adults which are kept by the Independent Safeguarding Authority

Is a FPN not a caution? Do you get one or the other? I got a FPN but not sure if that counts as a cuation as well?

Thanks for reply.

No it's not. A police caution carries no penalty but is recorded as an admission of guilt so makes for a criminal record.

A fixed penalty notice carries no admission of guilt and doesn't generate a criminal record. If you're issued with a fixed penalty notice you're fully entitled to not pay it and see if legal action is taken against you for the crime you've been accused of. Really, a fixed penalty notice is a way of avoiding criminal liability by paying a small fine.

For example, you take your dog for a walk, and it fouls. You dont pick it up, and you get a FPN. I really dont think you see that as a Criminal record, do you?

HOWEVER, it will appear on enhanced crb under english law as per the discretion of the police dependant upon the job applied for.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?274886-FPN-s-(Fixed-Penalty-Notices)-are-NOT-an-admission-of-guilt

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D