new wifes old morgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks im after a bit of help

back in 2001 i met my new wife and she had already left her ex husband which they had a joint morgage together, when they split he was taking over the payments and the house

in 2002 we found out that he had not been paying the morgage and the house had been taken back by the bank total of £12000 short fall, so i in my wisdom decided to pay the short fall via instalments as her father stood garantor on the morgage( he is disabled) i have to date paid a total of £7500 of of the short fall and her ex husband has not paid a penny, i have now refused to pay any more untill they chase her ex for the rest of the balance (which they have never done) they now state unless we continue with they payment they will chase my wife and her farther for the balance owed....

if i continue paing the full amount off can i personally claim half of what i have paid off of her ex

and can they still claim off of the garantor for they balance as they have not contaced him for 10 years

also my wife is unemployed so can they chase her or not

cheers for your help in advance

I wonder if it would be worth issuing a claim against the ex for at least half of the short fall ?

Do you know what his personal financial circumstances are ?

Do you know if the mortgage company have actually made any attempts to collect from the ex ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I wonder if it would be worth issuing a claim against the ex for at least half of the short fall ?

Do you know what his personal financial circumstances are ?

Do you know if the mortgage company have actually made any attempts to collect from the ex ?

hi thanks for the quick reply

last we heard he had his own shop but that was 10 years ago

the bank wont tell us if they have contacted him as they say its not our bussiness and they will chase who ever pays them

i must add the morgage and the house was in scotland, me and the wife now live in england and her ex still lives in scotland

can we still claim off of him as the whole debt has not been settled