Loading zone markings required?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend got a PCN while delivering parcels in Exeter High Street where loading is not allowed between 10am and 6pm (ie. the only times when some shops are open which is a bit daft).

It all looks legitimate (checked the TRO and dates on the ticket) except for one point.

There are no yellow markings on the pavements.

Are yellow markings on the pavements an essential requirement for loading restrictions?

The contravention is "Parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in force (02)"

How does one work out whether it is a restricted zone?

If there are "Restricted Zone" signs at every possible entrance to the zone. Any road that can access the zone must be signed. If you can find one without then the zone is unenforceable.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Curiously, the only signs on the entrances to the road are no entry except for buses - though access for delivery vans seems to be normal (and essential for all the shops on the High Street and in the Princesshay shopping centre)! I could not see any restricted zone signs when I drove past today - will have a closer look on foot tomorrow.

I googled around and read that restricted zones had to be sanctioned by the DfT. I found a list for Exeter which did not include the High Street but it was a couple of years out of date.

I think we'll put in an informal appeal which will give a few more days to investigate.

• 2 weeks later...

SUCCESS!!!

I thought I saw missing signs on Saturday. I then went to photo them on Sunday and there were brand new signs in place and lots of workmen around.

We submitted a friendly appeal referencing the busy Jubilee period and the one hour window required to deliver so many parcels, and suggesting that maybe all their signs hadn't properly been in place. This morning they accepted our challenge :) suggesting that maybe Devon CC had discovered that one of the plates was missing. I think they were being nice to us.