cap quest debt purchased from Vodafone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

received a letter today from capquest

final letter before action debt is for 203.58

and i think it relates to something from 2009..

they are saying they will pass the matter to thier pre litigation dept

and through the process they will seek an order of the court directing me to pay monies outstanding

and then they will under the order of the court send bailiffs to levy goods..

letter is attached might not be very clear as taken on my mobile phone any advice or help please

regards

mills

attach a pdf not a jpg

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moved to the telecoms forum

std threat o gram

but read it properly

it does not say WILL

every word but!

if VF wantd their money

they ould have asked for it years ago

crapest have no legal powers

ignore

check your cra file

see below

noddle is free

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep - ignore. I sorted some of these out for my son, you'll notice there is no other paperwork with the letter and no proof whatsoever that you have ever owed a penny.

You could send them a 'send proof and I will look or shut up' letter.

Whichever way you handle this, it wont disappear until it's done the rounds with a few other numpty-try-there-luck companies who it gets passed on to so they can have a go.

How many letters have your received in total or is this the first one?

this is the 3rd one first one said something like we belive you are the person named, second one said there was a 50% discount and now this one.. had a lot of issues in my life in the past 3 years including moving house etc so forgot all about this

It's pure phishing, nothing else.

'I think you are .... now give me some money'

Hmm, that didn't work - ok

'I'll see if I can tempt you to respond by offering you a 50% discount on something I don't know you own'.

Hmm again, this silence is hurting my ears.

'I'll send a court threat and see if that will get you talking, I'll also add lots of nasties like talking about bailiffs and entering your home and see if I can frighten you into talking'.

Hmmm - Nothing, perhaps it isn't them after all or they have emigrated or died or something, ah well, I'll sell this on to some other mug company and get something out of it.

Some call this harassment, I call it 'demanding money with menaces', they are actually threatening you with something and they haven't even confirmed if you are that person or if you live there. I see no difference in this than some complete stranger grabbing you by the scruff of the neck and saying 'my son lent you a tenner and I want it back'.

This action must be reported to the oft.

Edited by Conniff

(PDF has reference number that can personally ID the OP)

You say you think it's from something from 2009... is it something you don't believe you owe? This will have a nasty stain on your credit file if it is something you dispute.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi Mills,

Should there be an unresolved dispute which you'd like me to look into could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Edited by Lee Vodafone Company Rep