British Gas Homecare Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wondered if someone could help me?

I've had a Homecare Agreement with British Gas for 5 years. I consider myself to be have been a good customer during this time, as I always pay on time, but I have needed to call them out around 1-2 times per year.

Just over a year ago, they told me my central heating system needed Powerflushing, after I had a pin hole leak in a radiator. They said I could get this done with any compnay, as long as I had proof. However, if I didn't get this done, I wouldn't be covered if any more radiators developed a leak.

I did get this done in Feb 2011 and had a Magnaclean fitted with another company and I have a certificate and the receipt to prove it was done.

Now I've had another radiator with a pin hole leak, but they are refusing to replace it, even though I can prove I've had the Powerflush done. They are claiming that the Powerflush was done incorrectly and this is why the radiator has leaked. They are also claiming that the inhibitors added after the Powerflush should have stopped the radiators from corroding completely. I disagree with this, as surely once corrosion has started, it can only be slowed down?

They have also said that the water inside the radiators was orange (it was slightly, as I saw it) and that there was a lot of sludge in the radiators. Again, I saw that there was some. However, they failed to ask me if the central heating had been switched on recently (it has been switched off for 4 weeks). Surely the lack of use would have caused some sludge to be in the system?

Basically, I'm not sure if BG are trying to pull a fast one or whether the Powerflush hasn't been done correctly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks for reading.

Hi lap

Welcome to CAG

I think you need to establish if the Powerflush was carried out correctly. From what you are saying, it was carried out correctly. I'm not an expert,

but I would suspect that even when British Gas carry out a Powerflush there would be 'residual sludge', the 'orange residual' left over.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as, explain whats happened, how they have let you down (you've carried out a powerflush) and what you want them to do.

Here's an article, demonstrates how BG operate:- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertyadvice/jeffhowell/7760467/Home-improvements-heating-system-powerflush.html#

If you Google 'Powerflush Association' and contact them, they might provide a valuable insight concerning the problem.

Send it to:-

Phil Bentley, Managing Director

phil.bentley@centrica.co.uk

Here are some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html