HSBC Offers Less £300 of the claim - What to do?

adztec77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I sent my LBA and 12 days later I get a letter from HSBC. They have offered me £1850 when I was originally claiming £2138.

Now, I am in an awkward situation money-wise and it is also quite pressing, time-wise so for me the obvious answer is to take the cash and take a £288 loss.

Are there any risks in accepting an offer like this, I mean will it be held against me if I ask for fees back in the future? Or does it set a precedent that they do agree that charges are unlawful and they are actually painting me a picture (in my case) that they will also pay out for subsequent charges I may wish to claim back in years to come?

Can anyone tell me the negative aspects of accepting a lesser claim, I know it is the principle of the point that I should reject this, yet in my head I am saying I should take the money and run.

Anyone care to comment? I'd really appreciate it, I have 7 days to say if I want to take the offer.

Thanks.

My Account:

HSBC - Data Protection Act Request sent | Claiming £2138 | Prelim Letter Sent | LBA Sent | Offer received to pay back £1850

My Wife's Account:

Lloyds TSB - DPA Request sent | Claiming £3100 | Prelim Letter Sent | LBA Sent |

I had a similar offer but decided that it was my money and I'd fight on. Just my personal opinion though.

HSBC - 2 accounts - £5016.44 - WON!

Now going after them for my husbands account - £283.30. Prelim letter sent 26th October 2006.

Guest ian cognito

Can appreciate your dilemma and assume they have put conditions on this offer, when you accept the offer but refuse the conditions (which probably except future claims), they may well withdraw it anyway!