Very Catalogue - faulty goods and returns help please ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In feb, I purchased a mobile phone from very.

After approx 4 weeks, the screen was glitching and it kept turning itself off.

I was told by VERY that I could not return it as I was out of the 28 day period.

It would have to be repaired.

It kept happening in the following week, so I parcelled it up as a return and a letter explaining and sent it back, as I felt a repair after this time was not acceptable.

We received a call stating they had received it and a few days later it was credited back to my account, so I got a cheap replacement.

In may we received a package and to my shock it was the mobile, with a letter stating they had found a fault but it had been repaired.

The sim card and memory card was missing.

I rang them and said I now had a replacement and did not need it and that if I had wanted a repaired phone I could have got one down the market.

I was told that I could not send it back and that if I did, they would keep it for 6 weeks and then destroy it but I would have to pay for it???

I have written 2 complaints which have not even been acknowledged and I have been told they do not have to reply to my letters as they have spoken to me about it on the phone.

The customer Service team are in serious need of training because the attitude was that bad, it reduced me to tears.

after 3 days of switching the mobile back on, it is switching itself off again and I cannot turn it back on without dismantling it.

I have been told that it has to be repaired AGAIN (up to 3 times) yet it has been added back to my account and I am being charged for it although I cannot use it.

I am stuck with 2 phones and cannot believe I have to keep a phone which was faulty and still is faulty and have the hassle of keep sending it in for repair.

It is 3 months old and I have used it about 5 weeks in total.

What are my rights please???

Hi sparrow

Welcome to CAG

Have a read of 12 and 13 in my signature. We have a Shop Direct Rep on site, but in the meantime,

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain fully whats happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Sent it to:-

Mark Newton-Jones, Chief Executive

mark.newton-jones@shopdirect.com

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

Thank - you so much for that advice. Have written two letters already but they have not been acknowledged. I have just been advised from the CAB not to send it to the repair people for the second time, as this means I would be accepting the repair. (if you know what I mean).

I do not wish to speak to them on the phone anymore as their attitude is causing me lots of stress. I will now write to the person you advised and see if I get any further. Thank you so much and I will let you know the outcome.

Remember to quote the relevant bit's of SOGA. You would expect the product to last longer then a couple of months, also if repaired the fault should not reappear straight away, which indicates it was never repaired.

Thank - you so much for that advice. Have written two letters already but they have not been acknowledged. I have just been advised from the CAB not to send it to the repair people for the second time, as this means I would be accepting the repair. (if you know what I mean).

I do not wish to speak to them on the phone anymore as their attitude is causing me lots of stress. I will now write to the person you advised and see if I get any further. Thank you so much and I will let you know the outcome.

Thank- you Rebel. I have done as you advised and received a response from a member of Mark Newton-Jones' team within the hour. They have offered to investigate the matter and I will let you know the outcome. It's not over yet but bless you!

Hi Rebel,

I have been passed on to a member of the customer excellence team, who are investigating the matter. Seems that it IS acceptable to be repaired up to 3x before they will accept it back. I have had the phone since Feb and used it for about 5 weeks in total but am still making the monthly payments on it. I have been told to make the next payment next week and I will have to because it will look like I have defaulted on my payments. I think it is terrible to be paying for something which cannot be used. I have been told to hold onto the phone until the investigations have finished. Which means it could be weeks before it is sent in again for another return, then weeks before I get it back. I have quoted SOGA but they say they are within their rights.

Hi sparrow

If they are adamant that it has to be repaired 3 times before they change it over, then point out that it's 'totally unacceptable' to have three repairs within four months, also ask them if they 'Very' checked the phone before they sold it to you. We know the manufacturer might have checked the phone after it's been manufactured, but did 'Very'?

Hi Rebel,

I have told them over that it is unacceptable and that I am not satisfied. She is supposed to be ringing me today, so I will ask if it was checked. If I have to send it in for another repair, do you think I would be within my rights, not to sign for it when it comes back (refuse receipt of it). I have suggested this to them but they say after 6 weeks, it will be destroyed and I will still have to pay for it. Thanks again for your help. It is worrying me sick.

Hi Rebel,

I received phone call this afternoon, for xxxxxxxxxxxx (customer excellence) at Very and am pleased to say that I can return the phone (after much stress and hassle) directly to her and she will credit my account accordingly. She will also refund the postage. She stated this is not the norm but she would do it to save me any more distress. Thank you again for your help and advise. Keep up the good work!!!

Yes, excellent news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D