style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can a bailiff working on behalf of a magistrates court with regards to a fine get a locksmith and the police?

Just had one knocking on my door, saying he was going to get a locksmith and the police out. Then he said it was my "lucky day" as there was no locksmith available and so he would issue a warrant without bail for my arrest.

Now i am classed as vulnerable under the national standards 2002 as i am disabled (its a physical disability) and also unemployed.

Contact the magistrates court and try to come to an arrangement to pay what you can afford. You may have to go to the court, with details of your current financial position to ask for help.

As far as I know, they can't break into your house, without a specific authority from a magistrate. I don't think magistrates provide blanket authority for bailiffs to break into houses. They have to go back to the court to advise them of the situation and then it is up to the magistrate to decide whether they authorise it. BUT there are others on CAG, who have far more knowledge on this and they will correct me if I am wrong.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Court fines are enforced EITHER by private sector bailiff companies such as Marston Group, Philips, Excel and Swift or by officers employed by the Magistrates Court.

Was the person who visited you from the court or from one of the 4 companies listed above?

A warrant for your arrest can ONLY be issued by the court. It cannot be issued by anyone else and a letter of complaint can be sent to the court.