QuickQuid worry.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a loan with QuickQuid for £625 which is due to come out of my account on 1.6.12. I have rolled it over once but really just want to pay it off now, which I can't do without a payment plan. I went on live chat with them last night and they only offered me a 3 month payment plan which I can't afford. My worry is - if they try and take the money on 1.6.12 there won't be enough in my account - will they just take what i have got in there?? I've read on here that the best thing to do to get a longer repayment plan is to default and then set one up with them. Help please!

Cancel your bank card, move the money from your account and cancel the CPA.

Write to both the bank and PDL stating that neither side are to perform ANY transactions to each other without your express permission. You are quite right about them debiting random amounts and multiple times. They are well known for it.

Get the card cancelled ( report it as lost) and get a new one sent out, then do the above. If ANY money comes out after you have sent both letters/emails, then both sides are complicit in theft, and may be breaking other laws.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If its any help., my nephew had to sit up all night on a Wednesday, check his current account every 5 minutes, then at 3.50am on the Thursday when his wages showed up he quickly transferred it all to my account for safekeeping. He HAD a new card, and the bank still allowed QuickQuid to try and take money, about 50 minutes later. So cancelling your card is not enough sadly.

You must write to bank (now and hand it in tomorrow or tonight) and insist that you have withdrawn permission for this company to access your account. You do not have to tell them why or any other information. They are in charge of your money not your morals.

However, the bank will not help you, and they are breaking the law, and this is a big bone of contention right now. Just get your bit right, that is giving them an instruction to prevent this CPA being paid. And, you still have time to open up a parachute account online with an other branch. However, can a parent or other relative give you their bank details so that you can safely transfer your wages into their account as soon as you see it appear on your account? I say this because even if you open an account somewhere this evening, you won;t get the card and paperwork and therefore access to your money for a few more days.

And if QuickQuid don't like it, you write to them and offer them £1 a week for the rest of your life. You will live longer than they will be in business, thats a fair bet. Bloody peasants these companies are.

Good luck and I hope you get control of your money back.

Cancelling your card isnt enough. Thats why we always say to cancel the CPA on the account. That way, theres no possible way of them touching your money unless your bank gives them it. If that happens, then you can sue the bank for fraud/theft and youre pretty much guaranteed to win.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Just state the account number, and say that under Regulation 55 of The Payment Services Regulations 2009, you instruct the bank to cancel the CPA related to the PDL's merchant immediately upon receipt of this letter.

Make sure they accept it. ( THey have to by law) and make sure you get a receipt and the name of the employee who took the letter and gave the receipt.

My nephew now has a letter from RBS insisting that Visa rules are higher than the law of the land, and to cap it all, they have now sent full details of his account to his next door neighbour because they've used the wrong address. Three times, it took a while for him to twig he wasn't getting a reply from them. A house full of alcoholics! One of the occupants attempted to discuss the contents of this letter with my nephew in the street as he left for work one morning, and its only because he snatched it out of the bloke's hands, that he got the letter. Full account details, card number, and sort code, full name, obviously they know the correct address, They also know full details of the complaint, all his financial dealing with QuickQuid, and there was mention of a free gift being delivered tohim over three weeks ago, and we can guess where that ended up. Good god, these people - they've sent his statements to his address for over 12 years now - do they do this deliberately do you think?

He asked for a new bank account BEFORE this business, to avoid CPA's and was refused, so he kept this account open in the hope that he will get it resolved and be able to use it again. So they go and compromise his account in this way instead. GRRR!

Anyway, we are off the the Ombudsman now, forms to be done tonight.

Do all that you are advised on here, but above all get yourself a new bank account now, before they default you and make this almost impossible for you to do, other than a very basic account. Everything ewlse can be dealt with afterwards but you need to be able to manage you money until your bank sees the error of its way - and it will because its coming to them.

It sounds like you need to issue a formal complaint with the bank, the FSA,OFT and the ICO, as they are breaking the law in multiple ways.

LOL - I know they are and I'm so glad its not my money. Because it makes it much more fun to take swipes at them.

I did a good reply for the nephew, I said he accepted they had the view that Visa was above the law of the land and that we'll let the Ombudsman sort that one out, but he can;t help it if the Ombudsman gets to see the rest of what they have done at the same time now can he? Since he will have to be sent copies of all correspondence to do with this CPA thing, and both things are mentioned very loudly in the letter!

Dolly, how are you getting on, have you managed to get a new account yet?

• 1 month later...

Dolly, how are you doing? I've now got Stephen Hesters Executive Suite dealing with this! Got an e-mail back from his "suite" telling us they would do an internal investigation into this whole debacle. Waiting for response, gave them Monday (23) coming as a deadline, merntioned the BCOBS thing, checked with (oh whoever it is about Data protection - senior moment happening here) who confirm that they are in breach, and there may well be an issue under the Eqaulity Act 2010 as my nephew has a mental disability. He'd hate that dragged in, but I'm guessing so would RBS so it needn't come up as a main topic.

I've told them all of this, and got a reply back the next morning. We shall see. I hope I don;t have to put my money where my big mouth is and go to Court for the nephew!

Hope you managed to save your salary?