And another thing that made me smile today

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another letter in the post today (happens because I stay at my sisters when I babysit so might not be here for 3 nights a week) was one of those replacement toilet paper missives from that wonderful DCA Muck Hall!!

This is for something that has not been paid for a number of years and that they started writing to me about off the back of another account that was passed to them months ago. I have totally ignored all correspondence from Muck Hall to do with this matter and have a good chuckle at their ever more desperate missives that arrive in brown envelopes with the word 'URGENT' across the front of them.

Anyway, their reason for writing to me today, was to offer me the chance of a reduced settlement figure for the account as a gesture of goodwill as a full and final payment. They also include a standing order mandate for me to complete and send to, I don't know who, with their choice of figure and a date of their choosing.

Sadly for them I am savvy enough to know that, if they are going to the lengths of offering reduced amount settlement figures, they probably don't have enough to persue this account so I will sit and look at it a few more times and snigger a little more before consigning the letter to the most suitable place for it - the shredder that then has it's contents sent to the local nursery class for lining the cage of the class guinea pigs under their bedding - sadly I find the paper too rough for my delicate needs!!

Feebee_71

Absolutely Feebee,,, any sniff of discounts always gets the hippies few live brain cells wondering, who in there right mind would offer a discount for money owed ???????? nothing in this life is free.. I am letting my house get repossessed and the only 3 enforceable debts a large £13,500 from my old friends YB now with crapbot I had a lovely letter saying they will settle for £3,600 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now there is a shocker.. NO HOUSE NO CHARGING ORDER, NO ASSETS, AND THIS GREAT SITE has really to be honest with you saved my miserable neck.. Yes made mistakes, over spent in the good times then me and ex split our ways and the NHS cut back on overtime etc

For three years with the help of this site I have kept my head a float. 8 of my creditors are not getting a penny as they have no signed agreements or they have sent a piece of paper ( screen shot with an application form ) hmmm

all mine except the big loan are pre 2007 so as I point out to them, you need the original agreement water tight, if you want to try it in court, see you there.... guess what... nil takers as yet. mind you Hippy has probably put kiss of death on that...

Good for you Feebe, chancer's the lot of them. Saw a classic last night that the Brig is dealing with, some merchant DCA wrote in a letter they were coming to take her goods,,, outrageous or what... Brig is on the case, his mouth is watering, should imagine he is going to take them to the cleaners.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959