reclaiming PPI from welcome finance help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to reclaim PPI from welcome finance and have written to my local office was a SAR and £10 cheque to cover the standard fee for releasing this information. Its been 3 weeks and welcome have written back to me saying that they aknowledge my cheque payment and have banked it however they cannot give me any information as they need to prove my ID and need a copy of my passport?

This seems a little strange and is this a delaying tactic or are they being genuine ? may I ask what the best way to proceed with them?

Thanks

Scott

Have you moved since taking out the original agreement?

You could contact the Information Commissioners office and ask for advice - there is a helpline number on their site.

In short it may be a delaying tactic - It does sound like it, but i can't say so for certain - but if they are happy to correspond with you, at the address that was on the agreement, then that should be enough evidence. After all do they ask you for ID every time they send a letter to you?

You could send them one of the non compliance letters from the library, adding that they have been happy to correspond with you, and send persoanl information, to your address in the past.