incap ane dla award for life

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend has been awarded dla and incap for life and says new changes will not affect him is he right ?

This is the government, so they dont need to honour such things.

He will be affected on both. Its just a question of when. IB probably within a year.

I have been awarded DLA for life, but due to the new assesment rules coming in, and the switch from DLA to PIP, I will have to be re-assessed under the new stricter rules. Everybody will be being re-assessed regardless of how long they were awarded DLA for. Not sure about IB, but as everyone is being moved from IB to ESA, it's probable he will have to be re-assessed for that too.

No, I'm afraid not. IB is being disbanded entirely. All people currently in receipt of Incapacity Benefit are being migrated over to ESA. ESA is a replacement for incapacity benefit with different qualifying conditions. The same is true for DLA which is being converted to PIP.

ESA was introduced on 27th October 2008. At its introduction, it was only new claims on the grounds of incapacity that were put straight onto ESA, with people who were already in receipt of IB being able to stay on IB until they started moving them later on. It is only as recently as 2011 that they began the process of moving people from IB to ESA. Once PIP is up and running (it hasn't started yet) it will be the same as ESA was, in that new claims will go straight to PIP but people already receiving DLA will be moved at a later date.

Once the migrations take place, he will need to meet the conditions of ESA and PIP to continue receiving benefit and they are not the same as for IB and DLA.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi I have just reached the grand old age of 65 was in receipt of DLA and Incapacity Benefit prior to 65 my IB was incorporated into my pension credit then not sure if just stopped and pension credit just increased to same value as prior to age 65, no change to my DLA and when I asked told no plans to change at this time.

dpick

Hi I have just reached the grand old age of 65 was in receipt of DLA and Incapacity Benefit prior to 65 my IB was incorporated into my pension credit then not sure if just stopped and pension credit just increased to same value as prior to age 65, no change to my DLA and when I asked told no plans to change at this time.

dpick

If you reach pension age during the changes, you won't be affected.