Wrong street on PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Please would you advise me on this. I received a parking ticket issued by a council ceo.

It wasn't a blatent park where I shouldn't rather I suppposedly parked in front of a dropped kerb. I challenged the ticket on the grounds that the so called dropped kerb was simply a long length of pavement with a low kerb all along it. That was rejected by the council. Then I noticed that the street on the ticket was inncorrect.

Where I parked was in Albert Street, actually outside a house, No 6 Albert Street, in Dawlish, Devon but the ticket says I was parked in The Strand.

The Strand turns into Albert Street at a junction outside No1.

You hear so much about being able to fight a ticket on the grounds of the wrong street but is this really true?

To be honest, if I'd just chanced it and parked where I shouldn't and got caught then I'd just pay up but this wasn't like that. On top of that the ceo was extremely rude and unpleasant.

I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Thank you

Incorrect location is fatal to a PCN. I'm not sure though you can change your grounds of appeal after submitting it. also, looking at street view, it is difficult to differentiate where Albert Street actually starts but if you were 100% sure, I would have advised you to take it all the way.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• Confused 1

Thank you Sailor Sam.

Albert Street starts at the junction of Queen Street. The cafe on the corner is No 1 Albert Street.

I wished I'd noticed the street name in the first place but I guess that if incorrect location is fatal as you say then even it it goes to court it should go my way.

Thank you Sailor Sam.

Albert Street starts at the junction of Queen Street. The cafe on the corner is No 1 Albert Street.

I wished I'd noticed the street name in the first place but I guess that if incorrect location is fatal as you say then even it it goes to court it should go my way.

It won't go to court. You will receive a 'notice to the owner' if you do not pay the fine with the option of taking it to an independent adjudicator. Problem is that you loose any discount being offered off the normal fine by taking it further.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

Well I've now received The Notice to Owner.

Please could you advise me on which box to tick for Grounds for Representations?

Most of them are self explanitary and do not apply but 2 may be appropiate:

"The alleged contravention did not occur"

or "There has been a procedural impropiety on behalf of this authority"?

Or there's an option not to tick a box but provide mitigating circumstances.

Any help, please?

Thank you

Please could you advise me on which box to tick for Grounds for Representations?

"The alleged contravention did not occur"

You were parked o/s 6, Albert St. The PCN alleges you parked in The Strand , therefor the alleged contravention did not occur

• 1 month later...

Good result!

Please Note