HAD ENOUGH OF BARLAYS (old woolwich account)

jjandbump
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to battle with Barclays re an old wool which account, they will not remove a default and I am trying to prove its not us I know they closed account and took money from charges refund! But question is canadefault be registered without a default notice

They will simply say that they HAVE issued a Default Notice - you need to obtain a copy of the communications log, via a Subject Access Request.. Which you are attempting to do with little success.

You advise that the SAR was received, presumably via the RM Website - print that receipt off - you might need it later.

The fee of £10.00 was it sent by cheque or Postal order and has that been cashed ?

To find out if a postal order has been cashed telephone - 01246 542091 it is a direct line

If the confirm yes, then ask them if they would confirm in writing, please :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will simply say that they HAVE issued a Default Notice - you need to obtain a copy of the communications log, via a Subject

If the confirm yes, then ask them if they would confirm in writing, please :)

THank u so much for your advice, I have been in tears today spent 2 hours on phone rude and very unhelpful! Much love x

They have confirmed on phone this evening they didn't issue a default notice as account was on hold whilst charges refund case was going on! There is nothing from that point :-(. Sounds like I am lost in system!

Have you checked with the Post office as to whether your postal order has been cashed ? If not, then you will be able to obtain a refund with the receipt you were given when you purchased it. Obviously it will only be for the value of the PO, not the charge they made for getting it.

If the PO has been cashed, then you should be chasing up the Subject Access Request.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i have its been cashed but barclays still are saying its not been "located" is their new term, makes me more sure they know they have made an error!

i do very much appreciate all your help

Hi JJandB,

Avoid any more long, frustrating calls to the bank. Don't call them and keep everything in writing so you have a papertrail.

Send Barclays a letter from the Library about SAR Non-Compliance as soon as their 40 days is up.

In the Non-Comp'ce letter, you should confirm that the bank has cashed the PO you sent them. Use Recorded Delivery when you need to prove the bank receives your letters.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 10 months later...

I am absolutely fed up with Barclays

I tried to get a mortgage and it was denied because of a Barclays default in 2008 for 319.00

I got a refund of charges in 2008 that should have wiped this out! They can't find the paperwork!

They have now told me since they had a bar on any letters or statements on account until it was written off!

I got no default notice but they now claim I was sent a termination notice!

They changed my terms of account from wool which Barclays without advising so!

I got judgement against them and then they got it set aside by saying that the registered address was not right! And gave another address, but all the sudden thy are now writing from the address to which the claim was served!

They ignore all my letters! Apart from one that states if I continue for the claim they shall counter claim for costs

I am sick of it, i have a heart problem and its not helping matters!

I am sick of ll this ! They are not replying and are wrong !

Has anyone had a similar situation!

What did you issue the claim against them, for ?

You could possibly find something in BCOBs that will help - have a read of the articles in my signature - highlighted in green.

I think we would probably require more detail of the situation to be able to advise.

Have you sent a Subject Access Request to Barclays ? This is a request for ALL data in connection with your financial relationship with them and you might very well find an answer within the data they provide you with.

BCOBS

It would appear you had another thread with information regarding this.

When they made the application to set aside the default judgment - did you send a rebuttal witness statement ?

BCOBS

Have they submitted an application to set aside the default judgment ? Once they do, you have the opportunity to submit a rebuttal Witness statement. You need to make it as strong as you can. You need to make sure that the court is aware of the damage this has done to your mortgage applications.

They got it set aside ! I'm still having so many problems its untrue, I am so mad

did you get anywhere, i won a case by default and now they are applying to get this set aside, it looks like ive lost my mortage because of them i am furious.

These posts were from another thread you had posted on and gives a little more information regading your situation.

BCOBS