style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just something that occurred to me whilst browsing threads today.

PT (I think) and others have pointed out, that even with a valid Levy, at least regarding Council Tax Arrears, a Bailiff may not enter to remove goods without a (rarely granted) Warrant to force entry from a Magistrate, if you don't let him in.

So technically speaking if you go by the letter of the law, can/should a Bailiff actually be able to charge Van fee's if he turns up to remove goods and the debtor knows their rights and refuses peaceful entry?

Because the Law says he cannot get in, in this case, therefore he cannot bring his van to remove goods, and as a trained "professional" (snigger) he should know the law he is operating under.

Just a little thought.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i am finding that the term "van fee" is used less and less nowadays. i think it might be defunct

it seems that this charge has now turned into the "more slippery" term "attending with a vehicle with a view to remove". So now these cowboys always travel in small vans and if they cannot trick you into letting them into your house they will levy against anything they can find outside. I've read examples ranging from petrol strimmers in the garden, to, in my case, my car, and being hit with addtional fees of £170

but you i do tend to agree, if you follow the key recommendation of NEVER talking to a bailiff, letting them in or letting them get access to your car there seems to be very little they can do.

If the bailiff has no levy, and if he has a dodgy one on a random motor belonging to next doors cat, he cannot charge an "attending to remove fee" as there are no goods under his control to remove. After his first and second visit fee, if there is no levy, he can try to add all the fees under the sun, but none would be valid imho

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

the problem is that the way the regulations are currently worded it does not clearly state that a "attending with a van with a view to remove" cannot be charged at the same time as a levy.

in my case, the first WPA/Levy/Attending happend on the second visit!

the next WPA/Levy/Attending happened on the third visit.