Backdoor CCJ Arrows/Cater - Old Lloyds Card debt - set aside ***Claim Struck Out***

maybelate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know, check this with andy etc, but if you don't get a copy of their reply in time for your skeleton prep then could consider making an application for directions/order that they send a copy and that the deadline for skeleton is extended, given the importance of their reply which may affect your skeleton, their late reply to the court, and lack of service on you (even though they told the court that they sent it to you). can this be done on the aq? otherwise such an application may involve a fee (if not exempt), but you might be able to get that back upon request given their unreasonableness/non compliance in the first place?

whilst mediation can't force disclosure, they might be amenable to postponing things if you are not in receipt of the required/ordered info?

just a thought :)

Edited by Ford

Thanks Ford. I have eventually received a copy of the reply (which they state they have previously sent on 2 other occasions) :x, and I have sent form agreeing to mediation off to the court. I will post the reply when I can (computer problems again).

regards

Maybe

Hi, here is their reply to my revised defence (post 242). I haven't attached all the documents that they refer to again as they are the same as in post 202. Any help with this would be verrrry gratefully received :wink:

rtd4.png rtd3.png rtd2.png rtd1.png

Thank you,

Regards,

Maybe.

I will flag for andyorch to pop in and comment.

You can if you wish submit a rebuttal witness statement if you feel it would be of value, you would need to respond to each of their points.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What are your initial thoughts MBL...they invite and put you to strict proof as to why the agreement is invalid?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi CB and Andy, thank you for taking time to read and reply to my post. In my humble Litigant in Person opinion :oops: Andy I think that the agreement in unenforceable by the Claimant for the following reasons:

The claimant does not have the original alleged agreement or the T'S & C's which they are required to produce in any court proceedings as this is a requirement of the law under Paragraph 7.3 of CPR Practice Direction 16.

I have never received a DN regarding the alleged agreement and the Claimant can only produce a "template" DN showing what the original would have looked like.

The court has ordered the Claimant to serve me with a copy of the DofA, showing proof of ownership of the alleged agreement but they have only provided a redacted DoA, which bears absolutely no connection to myself or the alleged agreement, and as I understand the law states that they must prove that the debt is owed to them.

Now I don't know how I can put the Claimant to strict proof of the above, other than them not being able to produce the said documentation at the forthcoming hearing, and I am planning to use the above to state my case when I enter mediation with the claimant. What do you think Andy?

Regards

Maybe

re dn, have you previously done a sar on this to include their comms logs? if their logs show that one was sent, and there is nothing to rebut that or its content, then likely to be accepted on balance that one was sent and was compliant.

don't recall atm, was the agreement prior to april 07? if so, they would also usually have to show that there was a signed doc that contained all of the prescribed terms.

re deed, they might have to show how related to you, and explain why redacted.

but, as usual, see what andy says :)

Edited by Ford

ok. re dn then could use that and get them to show that one was sent. orig creds logs should show what has been sent/in. eg ask them where are the logs that show this then?

as prior to 07, then s127 (3)(4) consumer cred act should also be relevant (Wilson case) ie no enforcement unless they can show there was a signed prescribed doc?

just had a look at their reply.

they put you to proof re cca non compliance etc! it is for them to prove compliance, they have the initial burden of proof. once (if) they discharge that then for you to rebut.

whilst a copy agreement doesn't have to be attached to a bulk claim, the cpr rules say that the original 'should' be available at hearing. i note that they say that a copy signed agreement is attached. is that so? does it contain all of the prescribed terms?

re assignment, ask citb for that case, if applicable, which says that proof of assignment deed should be available to the debtor.

give andy a shout

Edited by Ford

Hi Ford. yes, they did supply a copy of the CCA, (see post 202 which is an application form with no T's and C's. They sent what they claim to be the T's and C's separately.

regards

Maybe

I fully agree with your Post MBL......you are willing to enter into mediation/motions but considering the above I doubt it will be fruitful and the claim proceeds.Mediation is not a trial no one will be compelled to do anything with regards the claim.....you can use it to narrow the differences resulting from the dispute and offer a resolution

ie if you offer this and reduce this I will accept this and pay that...if they dont bite proceed.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

maybelate. yes, my posts there are re the claim and poss 'enforceability' issues you mentioned, re court. the mediation is not a court hearing.

Edited by Ford

• 2 weeks later...
Reserve that fact for once mediation has proceeded...ADR have no powers to compel disclosure only to mediate.

Your Skeleton is a mix between defence and Witness statement in your own words and the main thrust of your dispute/s.You can refer to case law if required.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

Do I just type out the above and send it to the court and the claimant? Do I need to complete a form of any kind for this/

thanks

Maytbe

No form MBL just like a WS but less formal and really just a bullet point of your defence with anything you wish to refer to...you can send copies to them or just serve them on the day...what did it state in your directions timetable?

Thanks Andy, the directions state that the arguments need to be served 14 days prior to the hearing date (18 June).

regards

Maybe

edit :) 'serve' usually means to the other side? whats the order again verbatim?

Edited by Ford

Then serve it pre 14 but also take copies for the day in case the Judge requires another copy

Hi Ford, the order states:

1. The claim be listed for hearing on (date in June) at county court (estimated time 3 hours).

3. The parties do lodge skeleton arguments not less than 14 days prior to the hearing.

Also, thanks Andy, I will take a copy for on the day. I had mediation today, it just seemed like the mediator (if that's the correct name for the person) was just trying to talk me into accepting the Claimant's "without prejudice" offer of settlement. I will get the argument for the Skeleton hearing off in the next couple of days as hearing date is getting closer and closer :fear:

regards

Maybe

'lodge'? lodge with court? with the claimant? so, mediation didn't prove fruitful? no worries, at least you tried.

Edited by Ford