Admiral Taking Unauthorised Payments

jaynoakes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have had trouble with my insurance company Admiral. i was with them until the 8th of April This year 2012. I am with E sure now until next year 2013.However, Admiral whom i was with last year have automatically taken money out of my sister's account this year without myself receiving the renewal letter. (she paid from her bank account in full with Admiral last year and Admiral have again taken money without her consent). Only last week April 19th 2012. i rang Admiral to inform them that they need to send me a letter of No Claims Bonus Discount Letter for my new insurer (Esure whom i am with this year 2012 till 2013). It was only then that i was informed that i was already insured with Admiral , and i told Admiral that i was with Esure because E Sure were cheaper.So Admiral refunded my money. Please keep up with me so far. Now my sister rang me on saturday 21st of April and has informed me that her bank Lloyds TSB have charged overdraft fees,etc, as she only had 300 limit in her account and now she is left with paying her fees for the overdraft which Admiral have taken. (Admiral have taken out 700 pounds from her account.)I rang Admiral and they have told me that they cannot help me as it was my fault for not telling them that i did not want to insure with them. i have told them that i didn't receive a renewal letter altho they claim that they have sent me a letter. Can i take legal action against Admiral for taking illegal money out of my sister's account.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Many Thanks

jay

If you set up the policy originally not using your own payments details, Admiral would have needed a third party payment authority. When the policy was due for renewal, Admiral would have been required to write to your Sister, using the third party payment authority details, to advise that a payment was due to be collected. Because Admiral have failed to register a third party payment authority and have failed to advise her, the payment was unauthorised and Admiral need to compensate for any bank charges that your sister incurred. If they fail to do so, she can complain to the FOS.

I presume Admiral have put the relevant refund through to your sisters account and not yours. As you did not pay the premium, they would be wrong to pay you the money. It would therefore be an issue of compensation that Admiral owe your sister for the bank charges.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread