0 hour contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

dose any one know how you stand when working on a 0 hour contract - i have worked as a driver for 3 years with domino pizza - i work about 25 - 35 hours a week and have done the same hours for months ( about 18 months ) dominos seem to be employing new staff, but iv noticed that some of the original staff have had there hours cut or even not given any at all but the new staff seem to be getting the longer term staffs hours and shifts can dominos do this it seems very unfair to the longer serving staff:-x

Hi, Welcome to the CAG

It does sound unfair, but from a business point of view they probably pay the newer people a lot less. Zero hour contracts are legal, and for businesses they are very useful, but for the employee they are not very good as you do not know when you are working from one day to the next,.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Sadly agree - this is the downside to a zero hours contract. There is no obligation for them to give you work, and where it is offered there is no obligation on you part to accept it.

There is teh argument of Custom and Practice, but this would be largely governed by many other factors - including what attitude the company would have if you were to turn down a job, for example.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!