jsaloans.co.uk

timpo1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why was my earlier comment removed? Funny how your website only posts negative criticism but when someone posts a positive remark about the company you take it off?!?!

I think if you read the rest of the posts in this thread your question will be answered.

Also the direct link you gave to the business...CAG does not promote businesses, especially those where there are severe reservations about them.

If you have been the client of a PDL company for a year then you are not really addressing your finances properly and need to completely pay them off. These loans are meant to be short term loans and not a long term financial burden.

Hi Caggers.

Finally my Sis in Law has seen the light and decided not to go any further with this "company". I showed her this thread and your comments about the company and she was gobsmacked, but relieved that she hadn't sent them any money.

The cheeky sods even emailed her on Saturday saying that she must pay the £50 by Wednesday or they will cancel the loan.

I think it's safe to say she dodged a bullet there.

I've actually printed screen shots of their website and sent them to my local JCP too. I don't know if they'll be able to do much, but I'd like to think that they might warn people that they are in no way affiliated with them, or maybe pass it further up the line.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Just for more clarity JSA loans ARE a credit broker. That is what it says on the licence. If they offered cash themselves, they would have to fill a different criteria to get the licence

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just for more clarity JSA loans ARE a credit broker. That is what it says on the licence. If they offered cash themselves, they would have to fill a different criteria to get the licence

I was under the impression that JSA loans didn't have any sort of license in that actual name. Am I wrong?

I was under the impression that JSA loans didn't have any sort of license in that actual name. Am I wrong?

You are correct. they don't have a licence to use jsaloans. they do have a licence as quoted above but it doesn't relate to jsaloans

I was just clarifying that they are a loan brokerad and as such they charge a fee to get a loan but seem reluctant to repay it should they fail

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

Could anyone give me some info on jsaloans.co.uk? They are a personal loan company, that say they are accredited by the Jobcentre + and DWP. They apparently offer unsecured loans of between £500 to £7500 to people on low income and benefits with no credit checks etc... They deliver cash money to your door once approved and you make repayments with a paypoint card.

They say they have over 1 million customers nationwide, yet I couldn't find any reviews on them using google. The reason I am asking is that my sister in law has applied for a loan with them and has been "approved in principle", however, she has to pay them a refundable £50 deposit before they will deliver the cash, just incase no one is in when they call, as this will cover any costs incurred should you miss your appointment.

All sounds very fishy to me, but I have never dealt with them so am hopeing someone on here has and can shed some light on them.

Thanks

Timpo

This is a [problem] we just did it yesterday, now the site has been taken off and the FSA No is for js financial services

This is a [problem] as i have found out yesterday... i paid the £50 and now cant find any trace of the company.. their fsa number is used by another company called js financial services, which only deal with finance not loans

Yes, the site appears to have gone. I haven't heard anything back from Louise Mench or from my local JS Plus, but perhaps if other people have complained then action has been taken.

I'm sorry that you both got stung...I'm not sure if there's a mechanism that would allow you to reclaim the money you've lost through the company that is FSA Registered? Perhaps one of the site team will know if this is possible...

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops: