Albany Assistance - Admin Charge Rip Off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes its from a parking charge from a commercial company (motorway services parking). I had to park over the 2 free hour period (so they claim as i did not see any parking notice) due to a family member getting ill. I am taking it up with them separately.

You must have signed a contract with the hire company. Check what it says about parking tickets - that's where the answer will be.

What it will say is something along the lines of "You are responsible for parking tickets etc..."

However the bill from CP Plus (I assume it is them) is not a parking ticket but simply a speculative invoice. They should not have paid it.

You'll find some thoughts on how to deal with it here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=62531

Doesn't matter how they describe it (though calling it a penalty gives you a better chance) it is still a penalty and private companies are not allowed to call it a penalty. Indeed there is no record of CP Plus ever going to court to enforce one of these speculative invoices.

From the same thread as above:

"The Hire Company or Garage, in the case of a loan car, cannot stipulate that they will make payment then collect it from the driver. Apart from the fact that the action of the making of the payment creating an implied acceptance of their responsibility and in effect to being the driver of the vehicle, the actual Terms and Conditions of such an agreement would fall foul of the Law on Fair Contracts.

The payment would effectively mean that any potential appeal would be thwarted which is against your rights as a consumer in such a case. The conditions wouldn't stand a chance in a civil action against them by a peed off driver. Unfair Contract Terms would apply and any costs passed to the driver by way of credit card etc would be reimbursed with potential associated court costs.

This applies equally to an employer making a payment then charging it against wages.

The hire company/garage/employer or whoever, cannot pass on the driver details as this will be a breach of the Data Protection Act. Except in the case of a criminal offence or PCN issued by a local authority or other action by the police."

Edited by instrumentsofjoy
Posted accidentally!