Insurance Claim

myster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

A friend of mine contacted me asking for some advice, but am still scratching me head!

Can anyone help answer this one....

Mrs X has a registered vehicle kept on the road - legally parked. The vehcile has tax, mot and insurance. Mrs X's vehicle gets stolen and she reports it to the police. All of her docs are in order until she checks her drivers licence which has expired a while back (so long ago its the paper licence). Would her claim get thrown out and the insurance refuse to pay? She holds a provisional licence by the way and never drives without a supervised full licence holder with her 'L' plates.

As she was not driving but was the last one to park the car and the vehcile's stolen, would her expired provisional pose any threat to her claim being thrown out?

Thanks

nope

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A claim would be ok in the situation, because it is a provisional licence. They would not have sole control over the car. The last person who was with her, in the passenger seat with a full licence, would have had control over the car. i.e making sure it was legally parked.

Plus the car was stolen and the fact that a provisional licence had run out, makes no material difference to the risk.

I am not even sure that the Police would prosecute for having a provisional licence run out, if she was stopped for any reason. I suppose it would be driving without a licence, but it would seem a bit harsh, when it was just a provisional licence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Think that is correct. When I had a paper licence, it showed an expiry date of 70 years of age. Then when I had to change to a photo licence, it suddenly changed to expire after 10 years, so they could charge me for a new licence every 10 years.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread