Insurance companies that will mirror the no claims dicount

acerbic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Shock of my life today! Bought and insured a second car, Ins company write to us and ask for No Claims proof, ( we have 10 years). I ring our current insurer and they say say, "Of course we'll confirm how much No Claims you have with us if they ask the specific question."

I then 'phone the new company, and they say, " I'm sorry, but we don't mirror your No Claims Discount. You've got 24 hours before we cancel the policy, or you can continue with us but start with zero no claims. We won't recognise the NCD if t's still in use on another vehicle." Gobsmacked!!!

They did say however that they would waive all charges and fees in this case, which I thought was very good of them.

So, question is, Mutli car policy, or find a company that will mirror the NCD.

Does anyone have any companies in mind?

Regards

I have had personal dealings in the areas I comment on, however, I am not a lawyer. Any advice I give is without prejudice and is merely my opinion based on the information I have gleaned from my experiences, understanding and interpretation of the law. You should always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional.

You can only use your No Claims on one car at a time. If you've bought a second car, then you'll be starting with 0 years no claims. It's the same with all insurers and has always been like that. You can transfer No Claims from one car to another, but not have it on 2 cars at once.

You wont find an insurance company that will 'Mirror' the NCD. Multi-car is your best (and only) option really.

Hi All,

Managed to get a great deal going to a broker in the end, the one that has the Owl as the logo. Very helpful guy called Drew. Mirrored the NCB, and gave great quotes, which I accepted. All in all a great service and I recommend them.

So now, all my careful years of driving, (nine), as a named driver on another policy have finally been recognised....which is what I wanted.

I have had personal dealings in the areas I comment on, however, I am not a lawyer. Any advice I give is without prejudice and is merely my opinion based on the information I have gleaned from my experiences, understanding and interpretation of the law. You should always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional.

Hope all goes well for you. I have read of people having problems with Be Wiser Insurance, where they are quoted one price and then another later. If you google for complaints, you will seem what I mean, but perhaps these are just hiccups that many Insurers appear to suffer from occasionally.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread