Is assignement same as alleged debt has been sold Please read ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Briefly as I can. Have asked M&S for copy of agreement since 2009 they sent copy of application form and T&C from 2008 so not enforceable, went to Financial Ombudsman who could not get involved as to whether enforceable or not.it went back to M&S. Nothing heard for quite some time no correspondence since Jan 2011.

Jaan this year received letter to my address for Mr xxxxx dont know who he is but it says they sold my account to Sigma and I was to pay them. Sgma wrote as well to same man syaing they bought it.

Silly me I asked them who this is and why are they writing to him at my address. They bothe sent letter stating sorry Mrxxxx has my name and account number but n problem they said as he doeant know whp I am and has no personal information as a result of their mess up.

H&L solicitors call(alias debt collectors) asking me to confirm my details. I refused as they wouldnt say who they were or who they represented. Had to get their number barred as they constantly rung Now receivd a letter demanding full payment as they have no indication the account is disputed (i have file with 48 letters disputing it)

Thats the background and my question is

If the alleged debt is sld is that the same as assignment and do they need to put certain wording in with copies and signatures. I am about to write to H&L and want to get it right

Sold and assigned are two separate things.

A debt can be assigned to someone to chase and collect on behalf of the owner.

A debt will be sold and you will be informed of this by a letter from the OC and another letter from the new owner.

You shouldn't rely on paperwork arguments alone to dispute a debt.

Does this show on your credit file?

When was it taken out?

How much do they say is owed, are there any charges PPI etc that can be reclaimed?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!