Bought Car On Finance, Garage Won't Relase Car As Barclays Not Paid Them Yet?>

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

Bought new car over a week ago, garage has now given me 2 dates too collect car, (week after finance passed), now refusing too hand over car, as Barclays (finance provide) have not made payment too them yet.

My view being, been promised 2 collection dates, been passed for the finance by barclays, now being messed around by garage as they can't get their act together with barclays.

Anyone know how best too play this, or what action i can take..?>

Cheers

S.

Few Questions,

1. Does the garage have the agreement to pay contact from barclays? (each lender once passed for finance, and the client agrees, cars especially, the garage receives an agreement to pay contract, so the car can be released)

2. Have you received correspondance from barclays for the finance agreement, i.e when payment is to be made etc?

If you have been passed the finance, but it has not yet been agreed to pay by barclays, then the garage has every right to withold the car, and in any case. I think if i was you, i would go to the garage, and request that the vehicle is released within 24 hours, or you wish to cancel the agreement, as you are within the 14 day period and you wish return of all your deposit, as the garage and or barclays, are not upholding thier agreements, this should get things moving quick