Wonga Pay Day Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I came across this forum after trying to find help on a Pay Day Loan I have with Wonga and 2 others. I scoured each forum and I have to say a massive thank you to you all. Your advice has been invaluable to me and I have emailed Wonga asking to enter into a payment plan using a template someone posted on here and within 10 minutes they'd replied accepting the proposed payments. This had taken a great weight from my shoulders! I just wanted to say thanks really, you've all been a great help!!!!!

Actually theres only a few that seem to be playing ball. The others need a little "encouragement" ;)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Pretty much all of them. Just reading these forums can show you that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Think it was mentioned on Watchdog last night, there's about 50 companies being investigated

:whoo:

Not before time !

Can only hope the OFT will take action of an industry that needed control and curbing long before now - but then it is easier to say something then it is to do it

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Think it was mentioned on Watchdog last night, there's about 50 companies being investigated

:whoo:

Not before time !

Can only hope the OFT will take action of an industry that needed control and curbing long before now - but then it is easier to say something then it is to do it

My understanding is that 50 have been looked at and from that the OFT will decide what action is to happen, i.e new guidelines etc, removal of licences. Lets hope they all get shut down

Yes, about time they were looked into. It is a pity the OFT can't act before the licences are issued. They ought to look into the backgrounds of the people behind these companies and then there would be a different outcome.

I also believe the OFT needs to scrap group licences for debt collection (and that goes for legal firms too - the so called 'solicitors for rent'). Each trading name should be a separate legal entity and have its own individual licence - that would cost this industry a small fortune in itself but would prevent the proliferation of companies 'just because they can'.