minicredit--help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello ianphillips2347, sorry im new to the site, and dont know if i should start my own thread?

im in the same situation with minicredit/opos. i borrowed £150 and now being asked for over£900!!

the have sent me letters offering to settle for around half. but i cannot afford it!

i could afford what you paid... how did you get them to accept lower? :sad:

Hiya.

Basically stick to your guns. Everytime they send you a letter / email send one back stating how much you can afford. Stay off the phone. It took me 3 months of weekly back and forth with Opos until they budged. So just stick at it and good luck.

A complaint to the oft and fos about Minicredit will work wonders to.

Posts moved. New thread created

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

ok so complaint lodged with FOS and reference number obtained, would you suggest a letter recorded delivery to opos with my offer to settle, or should i just reply to their emails with the offer?

also i recieved a letter from DERS? who is this?

Send a letter recorded. So you can say you have offered a repayment. It is then on minicredit to agree/disagree with it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

DERS are OPOS. I'm not sure why they try to trick people into thinking that the debt has been passed on but they do.

A recorded letter of your payment offer to them can't do any harm but I must admit I did all my negotiations via email. I felt this was quicker and provided a just as reliable 'paper trail' if needed.

I corresponded with several people at OPOS with no progress until it was passed on to ghamilton@oposlimited.com I get the feeling that he is a senior / manager there and has alot more authority to authorise settlement. He immediately accepted my offer no hassle, no fuss and even provided me with their bank details to pay the amount in so not to have to use my card.

In addition, unlike all the others at OPOS, I found him very helpful and polite and an example to them all so it may well be worth giving him an email.

Great News!! i sent the letter recorded delivery and also emailed ghamilton@oposlimited.com. he replied today and they accepted my £220 offer to settle my account! i accepted the offer and im pretty chuffed! (my parents agreed to give me £250 so i actually saved them £30!)

thanks ian and rene... i owe you one! :-D

just have a mackenzie hall account to go! any advice dealing with them?

Don't get too happy just yet. Before you pay opos,read the post below. This is so they can't try and hit you for more charges.

As for Mackenzie hall , ignore them for now. They're currently being investigated by trading standards.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

Also before accepting the deal. ensure that they will not sell on any remainder.

With a F&F, a creditor accepts a lesser amount but the remainder is still owing. They may not chase you for it as they have agreed but there is nothing stopping them selling the remainder on to a DCA to collect which is why you need to confirm the above first.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Maybe I'm being a little dense but Full and Final settlement? No matter what, if the creditor accepts, it is just that.....FULL and FINAL.

How can the creditor accept a payment for full and final settlement, agree to close the account then sell the remainder on? Surely the fact they a have accepted a full and final payment means that is the end of it.