style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter today from H.L. Solicitors regarding a £100 loan I took out with TXT Loan some time ago.

First up, the letter they sent me says 'We act for HSBC who have instructed us with regard to your outstanding account with them in the above amount.' HSBC???!!!

I found out this was an 'error'. I also found out that H.L. Solicitors will not send me information about the charges added to the account as 'it will be in the T&C's' (I was given the info over the phone though!!!!) and TXT Loans apparently did not provide information about when this debt dates from.

Now, I am not disputing this debt, however, I dispute the £121.50 in charges, PLUS a mystery £21.50 that has been added to the account.

I understand, having looked at the TXT Loans website, that a 15 day loan will incur £17 worth of interest, although nowhere on their website have I found information about the extra charges. However, the fella on the phone told me that '£100 loan was taken out, then 15 days later they tried to take £100 out of your account but it was declined' - thus leading me down the garden path with regard to the interest charged.

I have read on a different thread somewhere here, that at the end of the term of the loan (in this case 15 days), they shouldn't be adding any other charges? Is this correct?

Whatever the case, I unfortunately can't afford to pay it back, so they will have to make do with £1 per month for the time being anyway, I just wanted to know where I stand as regard to the £147 charges they have added on top of the original £100 loan!

As posted in another thread, I am assuming that H.L. Solicitors are actually a group of kids playing at Judge Judy :-D