Problems with Virgin Media

stamarie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a virgin media customer for 8 years, and when I moved in November I had tv, broadband and landline fitted at my new address. This started a 12 month contract as I moved! In December my landline stopped working so I rang them and an engineer supposedly fixed it. 12 days later it stopped working again, just before xmas and just as my 3 year old son got a chest infection. As the phone was broke I was unable to phone my gp as they have one of the 0844 numbers and I couldn't dial it from my mobile. You can imagine how angry this made me. I emailled Virgin asking them to call me to arrange someone to fix my phone as I was tired of it costing me to use my mobile to ring them. After 2 weeks I still had no reply so I rang them from my mums to cancel all my services as the phone still wasn't working anyway and they made no attempt to deal with my complaint. They reckon they tried to call me, but I never had a missed call!, and they wrote a letter that I never received! After all my services were disconnected at the end of January they have now sent me a bill for £175 for ending my contract early. I also never recived a bill from them from the time I moved as their online e billing system wouldn't let me access them, their answer was to ring them whilst in front of my pc, a bit impossible when the landlime wasn't working! Could someone give me some advice how I should deal with this, should I write or just ignore the bill? Are they in breach of contracy anyway?

Thanks

I have been a virgin media customer for 8 years, and when I moved in November I had tv, broadband and landline fitted at my new address.

This started a 12 month contract as I moved!

In December my landline stopped working so I rang them and an engineer supposedly fixed it.

12 days later it stopped working again, just before xmas and just as my 3 year old son got a chest infection. As the phone was broke I was unable to phone my gp as they have one of the 0844 numbers and I couldn't dial it from my mobile. You can imagine how angry this made me.

I emailled Virgin asking them to call me to arrange someone to fix my phone as I was tired of it costing me to use my mobile to ring them.

After 2 weeks I still had no reply so I rang them from my mums to cancel all my services as the phone still wasn't working anyway and they made no attempt to deal with my complaint.

They reckon they tried to call me, but I never had a missed call!, and they wrote a letter that I never received!

After all my services were disconnected at the end of January they have now sent me a bill for £175 for ending my contract early. I also never recived a bill from them from the time I moved as their online e billing system wouldn't let me access them, their answer was to ring them whilst in front of my pc, a bit impossible when the landlime wasn't working!

Could someone give me some advice how I should deal with this, should I write or just ignore the bill? Are they in breach of contracy anyway?

Thanks

OK added some paragraphs to make it easier to read.

Now, where do you go from here?

Righty, you need to see what the state of play is at the moment, as they may trash your credit file for non-payment. Is this bill due soon or is it overdue at the moment? If it is overdue it will start to lower your credit score.

So how to deal with this? Personally, I'd email neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk (the CEO of Virgin Media) and also send a copy via letter headed "Official complaint" to:-

VIRGIN MEDIA LIMITED

MEDIA HOUSE

BARTLEY WOOD BUSINESS PARK

HOOK

HAMPSHIRE

RG27 9UP

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar