Mortgage declined - Defaulted in error - HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been directed here by someone from Martin Lewis website. I hope to get some advice on what can be done ...

I will try to keep it short ;-)

Back in 2010 I missed making a payment to my current account held at Nationwide, I went instantly to see my bank manager who told me he'd look into it and get back to me. He didn't. Following week I expectantly went into hospital for several days. Came home and started trying to contact the manager again. He had gone on holiday. Another person in the branch asked that I send my medical certificate in to prove what I had told them. I did this. After making another 20 calls or so I was told no refund was due. This was weeks later and in the interim more changes were applied. I ended up emaiilng the CEO and others a full account of what had happened. Within 24 hours they refunded me all bank charges and gave me £100 compensation. I was told that was the end of it.

2 weeks ago I applied for a mortgage with Natwest. It was declined due to Nationwide defaulting my account, which I never received any notification about this default. I've been onto Nwide who admit it's their mistake and have instructed Equifax to remove default, this can take 28 days.

Now I have missed the stamp duty saving and find myself having to rent for another month until my file is clear. I am peed off to the max, stressed out for the better part of 2 weeks and angry at Nwide. (so far it's cost an extra £2200) And I may ever lose the house I'd spent moths trying to find.

I have a letter from KPR/Nationwide (received couple days ago) Please accept our sincere apologies for the error caused, and any distress this may ave caused ..etc ..

Can I make a claim against them for this?

Thanks for any help offered ;-)

Edited by KerensaDelphi

I have been directed here by someone from Martin Lewis website. I hope to get some advice on what can be done ...

I will try to keep it short ;-)

Back in 2010 I missed making a payment to my current account held at Nationwide, I went instantly to see my bank manager who told me he'd look into it and get back to me. He didn't. Following week I expectantly went into hospital for several days. Came home and started trying to contact the manager again. He had gone on holiday. Another person in the branch asked that I send my medical certificate in to prove what I had told them. I did this. After making another 20 calls or so I was told no refund was due. This was weeks later and in the interim more changes were applied. I ended up emaiilng the CEO and others a full account of what had happened. Within 24 hours they refunded me all bank charges and gave me £100 compensation. I was told that was the end of it.

2 weeks ago I applied for a mortgage with Natwest. It was declined due to Nationwide defaulting my account, which I never received any notification about this default. I've been onto Nwide who admit it's their mistake and have instructed Equifax to remove default, this can take 28 days.

Now I have missed the stamp duty saving and find myself having to rent for another month until my file is clear. I am peed off to the max, stressed out for the better part of 2 weeks and angry at Nwide. (so far it's cost an extra £2200) And I may ever lose the house I'd spent moths trying to find.

I have a letter from KPR/Nationwide (received couple days ago) Please accept our sincere apologies for the error caused, and any distress this may ave caused ..etc ..

Can I make a claim against them for this?

Thanks for any help offered ;-)

You need to make a formal complaint to their

Compliance Manager and Data Controller as

you have suffered fianancial loss and embarassment

because of their actions.

All you need to do is head the letter Formal Complaint.

Then list all the events that led to the default entry, then

the consequences of the default and then what YOU WANT

them to do about it.

IMO you should be asking for compenation equal to the stamp

duty loss, plus a ''gesture of good will for the embarassment

caused say £1000.00..

Give them a time limit of 28 calendar days to reply or you will

seek redress via the courts.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
I got my money back plus and extra £100. I went through the ombudsman

Excellent result, well done:lol:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: