Littlewoods Catalogue

Maggiebroom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

If this thread is in the wrong place, will someone advise me?

I am :mad: furious with Littlewoods catalogue. I am at the moment trying to recover charges from Nat West (at the LBA stage). Whilst opening my parachute account I wrote to Littlewoods explaining what was happening and saying that as soon as my new bank account was open, I would pay their balance in full. This I did, which should have left me with a 00 balance. Not so!!!!!

I got another statement saying that administration charges had been added and that I still owed them another £40. I am hopping mad and I have written asking for a complete breakdown of their charges etc.especially how they arrived at thier exhorbitant figures, as I dispute the amount and especially after asking them to wait as my new bank account was not open yet. I did exactly as I promised, payed the balance and still they have charged me.

B****y r*****s. they will not get a penny more from me.

I find this attitude to customers so appallingly unfair, that I must challenge their charges.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I expect so.

Maggiebroom:mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Another update

I got a letter from Littlewoods after asking them for a breakdown of their charges.

this is the reply:

"Thank you for your communication regarding the balance of £41.41.

On checking our records I find that this is due to adminsitration charges due to arrears and returned cheques.

Yours sincerely

Anthony Heald"

Are they thick or what?

I already know what they are for. I want a breakdown of the figures.

This was my reply

Dear Sir

Account no: XXXXXXXXX

IT SEEMS I MUST REPEAT MYSELF

Quote:

“I am in receipt of your statement No 136, which claims I still owe £41.41.

Having sent you the balance of my statements for £68.49, I would like a breakdown of the extra charge stated above.

I wrote explaining that I had banking problems and was in the process of changing my bank account, and that to do this would take a little time. When this was done I then sent you the full balance.

I can understand a charge for writing to me, but I would like to know how you arrived at four administration charges totalling £41.41.

Was manual intervention needed, or were these charges applied by a computerised system. I cannot see how this could arrive at the above amount.

A complete breakdown would be helpful, as I am rather concerned that having explained my problem and then paying the full amount as requested; you still saw fit to charge me the extra, which seems rather excessive.

I made every effort to comply with paying off the account, and your lack of co-operation is rather disturbing.

I hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.”

Yours faithfully

I hope that gets a response.

If it doesn't I shall send it again with a list of my charges for my time and effort (Letters, postage and time etc) and I shall make the amount come to £41.41.

Perhaps someone with some sense will then read it and give me the reply I asked for.

Hey Ho!!!!! its all good fun.

Maggiebroom:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I am still waiting for a reply from Littlewoods regarding the above letter I sent them.

Perhaps they are stuck for words.

OR is somone, somewhere in the basement working out the breakdown of the charges I asked for?

I THINK NOT

Maggiebroom:)

• 2 weeks later...
I am still waiting for a reply from Littlewoods regarding the above letter I sent them.

Perhaps they are stuck for words.

OR is somone, somewhere in the basement working out the breakdown of the charges I asked for?

I THINK NOT

Maggiebroom:)

Nah! Just ignoring you hoping you will go away me thinks :rolleyes: Except for a one line letter from their solicitor saying my letter has been passed to them I've heard NOWT! MCOL filled in & ready to hit the button 2moro (just incase Mr Postie has a nice cq 4 me in the morning lol!)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/41146-chezt-littlewoods-catalogue.html

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Hi again all

I haven't been on line for a while. I have had lots of very bad problems to deal with. Health and Wealth etc. Long story.

I am still having trouble getting any sort of response from Littlewoods with a breakdown of their charges. I am in reality paying on a nil balance (see post #4) The balance was 68.49 which is what I paid, which left me with a nil balance.

Every month I get another statement adding more charges and extra care cover charges.

They will not however answer any of my letters. The balance is now up to nearly £70. Can anyone advise me how I go about this? Is there a template or can anyone tell me what to write.

I am getting desparate as they have threatened me with baillifs and I understand that bailliffs now have even bigger powers (SCAREY) Surely they cannot give this case to bailliffs if it is in dispute.

Please help someone.

maggiebroom

Hi all

This is a reply I have drafted for Littlewoods, but I would like some other opinions on it. I have changed it slightly to suit my situation.

Littlewoods Finance Co Ltd.

Aintree Innovation Centre

Park lane

Netherton

Liverpool

L72 1LD

16th March 2007

{edited}

Can anyone tell me if there is anything I should change, add or delete from this letter. i want to get it off as soon as possible.

thanks in advance

Maggiebroom

Just an update.

I have now sent Littlewoods the prelim letter, However I am being plagued by phone calls every day including weekends and late evenings.

I have told them they are harrassing me, but they say they are not. I have now written to them stating that if they continue to harrass me by telephone I will contact the OFT etc., and report them. I quoted the various acts they are breaking as per the harrassment letter and they more or less laughed at me.

Hopefully that will stop the phone calls.

I did make enquiries from the OFT and they put me on to the National debt Line. I have to wait and see if my letter has any effect. I did download the Debt Collection Guide from the OFT.

Littlewoods in my opinion are beneath contempt. Having read some of the other threads regarding Littlewoods, I want to know how close to the law are they working, and if I can

find a hoodoo witch who will stick a pin somewhere and make b***** Littlewoods go away.

I am determined they will not beat me though.

Has anybody else succeeded in getting harrassment phone calls stopped??

maggie -re. the harassment issue - have you sent them the harrassment letter from the templates? - more often than not, this does seem to do the trick.

If you do not have caller display, so can't field their calls, just politely tell them that you are only prepared to communicate with them in writing, and put the phone down.

Or you could take out BT's Choose to Refuse and bar ther number, until such time you've got it sorted. It's quite inexpensive.

I am also in a wrangle with Littlewoods regarding this Extracare business. It suddently appeared on my statements and I didn't ask or agree to it. I didn't realise what it was so I paid a few before cancelling. Why can't we claim it back? What gives companies the rights to add this to accounts, Studio are as bad. Surely if its a kind of insurance you would need to sign for it.

Hi ladybird

I have sent the harrassment letter to littlewoods and hope that now the calls will stop.

I have told them that I will not discuss the problem over the phone. Yesterday was the first day I have not had a call from them, so hopefully they have backed off already.

Hiya can someone help me! I had charges of £75 applied to the account and sent the prelim letter then the lbs recorded delivery and never got a response as this was a fair few weeks ago and i now want to proceed with a claim would i need to send another letter as i have already sent the 2 letters to them? They have now passed my account over to NDR dca (registerd to their same address!!!) Any help please? xx

These claims are getting tougher and tougher, talk about dragging them out!!! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Littlewoods have now started the phone call at all times harrassment again, even after I sent the harrassment letter.

They state they have every right to call me about this business. I say they don't.

I have been on to the Ofcom site but that states that you have to contact your service provider. (virgin media in this case, used to be NTL)

I have also stated that I am taking the case to court and that I shall report all calls to the judge, but they just will not listen. (I have sent off the LBA a week ago)

Is there anything else I can do to stop them phoning?