Robinson Way

Cazzle18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi....I'm enquiring on behalf of my husband.

In April 2003, we bought windows through Safestyle UK on finanace.

I had to finish work in 2004 due to a long standing health problem...

.my husband had to finish work to care for me..

.we defaulted on the mortgage and ended up in council accommodation (after we handed the keys into the building society).

We have not made a payment from early in 2004.

We have now received a Claim Form from Northampton County Court.

It says The Claimant is the Assignee of a debt(s) from London Scottish Finance Ltd.

Notice of the Assignment was provided to the Defendant by the claimant in writing .

Despite demand for payment the assigned debts remains due.

The claimant complied with section III and IV and Annex B of the PD Pre Action Conduct.

The claimant Claims Personal Loan account number [edit] balance of £1,196.73 as of 18/12/07.

interest under s69 of the county court act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 18/12/07 to 20/1/12 of £391.87

and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.26 AND costs.

It says opposite :

Amount claimed £1588.60 Court Fee £75.00 Solicitor's costs £80.00 Total £1743.60

I sent off a request for the CPR 31.14.....

25 days ago by recorded delivery (and sent the acknowledgement off to the county court) and we have heard NOTHING!

Not one thing.

Why they say the interest is calculated from the date in 2007 is beyond me..

..as we had moved house in June 2006.

Can you please give me an idea as to how this company works.

We've had the debt since April 2003

....it's now 9 years old.

..isn't it statute barred.

I don't know whether to think no news is good news ..

..but they are definitely dragging their feet

. Any help would be appreciated

Edited by dx100uk
pers info removed and line breaks added!!

I must urge you to report this to the Office Of Fair Trading...it is likely that Robinson Way KNOW full well it is statute barred but hope that by sending out a court claim you will not be aware of this....

And you are avbsolutely correct, if you have made no payment or acknowledged the debt in wiriting for at least 6 years (5 in Scotland) Then it will be statute barred, you should DEFEND ALL and use this as your defence - #6 - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?162456-Help-with-statute-barred-debt-county-court-claim-form

Hi Cazzle. Mind you don't post any personal information on here. I've removed your account number from your first post.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Dont forget Robbers changed into a diff company a few years ago, they ended up with a similar name to the original (it may reveal a mistake somewhere).

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we received a letter from Northampton County Court....they basically state that they were giving Robinson Way 28 days to respond to my defence....if they didn't hear anything by the 4th April....the case would be 'stayed'.....Robinson Way seem to have vanished from the face of the earth...Just waiting to hear from court now .....x

• 1 month later...
GOOD NEWS!!! Robinson way didn't respond to the case and it has now been 'stayed' (unless robinson way lift the action) xx THANKYOU SO MUCH!!x

Not really, you should be looking at making an application for the case to be struck out with costs.

Not really, you should be looking at making an application for the case to be struck out with costs.

yes, RW knew they were out of time and were trying it on, so hit back at them, have it struck out with costs.